Missing title VOB file

vbimport

I’m trying to copy a DVD-R and getting the message from CloneDVD2: “missing title VOB file(s) named VTS_02_*.VOB” This occurs when the copy is 99% complete.

The directory does show there’s a VTS_02_1.VOB and a VTS_02_2.VOB.

So I’m not clear what’s actually missing. Any help appreciated.

[QUOTE=ericbalkan;2505426]I’m trying to copy a DVD-R and getting the message from CloneDVD2: “missing title VOB file(s) named VTS_02_*.VOB” This occurs when the copy is 99% complete.

The directory does show there’s a VTS_02_1.VOB and a VTS_02_2.VOB.

So I’m not clear what’s actually missing. Any help appreciated.[/QUOTE]

That sounds more like bad media file format or bad media itself. You might want to check the physical media side and see if there are any visible defects. Otherwise it sounds like the drive isn’t able to read the source media. Also since you didn’t post specs it’s hard to know what hardware you have to help diagnosis the problem.

I seem to be able to view the movies on the disc with Roxio and PowerDVD. It’s just that the CloneDVD copy stops at 99% done because of this error. The drive is a Plextor PX-708A. I don’t know how the DVD-R was created – it was done by a movie collector – but possibly he did something that CloneDVD doesn’t understand. I do have another PC and some older software I can try. Just wondered if anyone knew what file CloneDVD thought was missing.

If it’s already on a DVD-R then there’s no copy protection so try copying the files to your hard disk in Windows Explorer before burning from there.

If the disc is damaged then this won’t work and you’ll have to try other measures.

This sub-forum is for CloneDVD only but I can move the thread elsewhere for you if you need advice on alternative solutions.

[B]Wombler[/B]

I suspect a scratch or other bad spot in the media like posted by coolcolors.
CloneDVD just can’t read the data in the “bad” spot.
If you have a different drive it might be able to read the disc.
If not you will need to try different ripping software.
If you have Wombler move the thread I will post an older & not as easy to use software that usually can rip a scratched DVD disc.

Okay I think it’s probably about time to move this thread anyway.

For recovery from damaged discs I’d suggest either IsoPuzzle or IsoBuster.

Not sure if that’s what you had in mind cholla but you can advise freely here. :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]

@Wombler , Either IsoPuzzle or IsoBuster might work.The one I was going to post was this one.
It is h2cdimage.
In it’s own folder you need :
h2cdimage.exe
wnaspi32.dll
I think both came with the zip I downloaded when I got it.
The other file with it is basically a readme in German.
the language it uses in the command prompt is German but it takes commands in English.
CD \ the command prompt to the h2cdimage folder.
I suggest C:\ for the location.That way you type cd \h2cdimage at the prompt & hit enter.
at the C:\h2cdimage> type h2cdimage.exe 0:1:0 filename -i
You will need to change the 0:1:0 to what fits your drive.
0:0:0 - master in the primary canal
0:1:0 - Slave in the primary canal
1:0:0 - master in the secondary canal
1:1:0 - Slave in the secondary canal
Let it work until it finishes.The reason I say that is it starts placing a dummy size .iso in the folder the size of the disc.It is only complete when the program finishes.However if it has completed most of the rip & just stalls because of errors the .iso usually works with maybe a small loss.
That is where you have the option to put the disc in another drive on the same computer & start the rip again same as above except use
h2cdimage.exe 0:1:0 file name instead . You may not need to do this step but this is to let the different read capabilities of different drives eliminate errors.
When it does you will have a filename.iso in the folder.
This program has worked for me on a couple of fairly bad discs.It even works on encrypted discs when used with AnyDVD.
Since this is already on a DVD -R compression shouldn’t be a problem. You shold be able to write the .iso h2cdimage creates strait to another disc with CloneDVD2.
h2cdimage puts the .iso in the same folder as the h2cdimage.exe is in.
There will also be a .h2i file .You won’t need this unless you are going to use h2cdimage for its’ more in depth functions I posted above.
h2cdimage download

I’m the one who originally reported this problem. I finally got around to trying 1ClickDVD instead of DVDClone. That worked. 1ClickDVD was able to create a copy. So it looks like DVDClone was just being too picky about something.

@ IBrakeForTrees , DVDClone is a completely different software than the OP is using.
CloneDVD2 is by Elby & distributed by Slysoft.

Sorry, I mistyped. I meant CloneDVD2.