Missing a French Section

vbimport

just a suggestion, really very good forum but will be more better
with French Section...

This post because I'm frenchie:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Are you sure that you do not want to practice your english :stuck_out_tongue: ? Writing in French won’t help you…and fewer people could help you here. I read a little bit in www.blue-hardware.com, and i must say, people there no dot know much about cd writers…the funniest thing I encountered there was “premier niveau d’encodage efm”.

Blue-hardware is not supposed to be only about cd-writers.
It’s “just” the official CloneCD translator.
For the efm thing, I think we can’t blame them for that. They were trying to explain to newbies what is a two-dot (or two-sheep) writer in the elby list.
As stated in this post i’m not sure the average user is ready for so technical stuff.

Back to the french section question.
I have no clue of what could be the audience of such a section (by the way, I thought there would be much more post in the german section).
I do not know many people coming from France who are visiting CDFreaks (too lazy to fill the location field ?)
I think Domi will say it is not worth yet opening such a section.

I also thought that there would be more posts in the german one…maybe people do not know that it exists?

This efm thing: They are the only ones to introduce “premier / second (or did they use deuxième? Terrible that a language needs 2 different words to express “2nd”) niveau d’encodage efm” to express that a writer can handle either only SD 2.41-weak sectors or all types. They even made a connection between that week sector thing and safedisc 1 in one review!

I read the review again, and yes, they really mixed up things.

This efm thing: They are the only ones to introduce "premier / second (or did they use deuxième?

Even worse. They wrote “de seconde niveau” which is incorrect :stuck_out_tongue:

Terrible that a language needs 2 different words to express “2nd”

There is a subtle difference in french between “deuxième” and “second” : you can only use “second” when there is no third.

Originally posted by alexnoe
Are you sure that you do not want to practice your english :stuck_out_tongue: ? Writing in French won’t help you…and fewer people could help you here. I read a little bit in www.blue-hardware.com, and i must say, people there no dot know much about cd writers…the funniest thing I encountered there was “premier niveau d’encodage efm”.

OK, it was just a suggestion:bigsmile: I think many french
people would be happy if a french section will be created.

My English is really primitive:bigsmile:

And we should also have a Czech, Polish, Japanese, Spanish, Swedish, Danish, Russian etc forum too…

Dutch and Italian are here because of the history of CD Freaks and they, for a long time, were the most active parts of this forum. German forum was added because of the highly technical issues found in German newsgroups and some good German people on this forum, it was given a try (at least that is how I understood things)

Adding a French forum might in time be worth while, when more French people join this forum and they’d feel mroe at home having their own section, but for now I can’t think of any reason to add a French forum…

There are enough forums here already, stick with these for now is what I say.

To put it in a small way :

creating lots of country specific forums , will not bring the people of the various countries together. They will be more interested to look in their own part of the forum first.

And if you want to have an international community , you have to have an international language. You could take Esperanto for that , but i think English is more convenient since almost every knows even a little bit English :slight_smile: