Misflash

vbimport

I’ve misflashed my sohw 1653s drive.Now the other tools don’t recognize the drive but i can see the device when booting.

So i searched a little and found the site below:

Site

In that guide he used three pins for fw flashing.

On my drive are they the pins on the upper left corner ? (see pic below)

Umm…this doesn’t answer your question, but you can probably reflash using MtkFlash in DOS. [Just make sure that, when you power up your computer to do the flashing, you press and hold the eject button for a few seconds.]

You might try FlashFix on current firmware and reflash with the FlashFixed firmware.

MtkFlash doesn’t work.I didn’t use flashfix ,but i think it also won’t work as long as windows doesn’t recognize the drive.(even Everest doesn’t see)

How did you run MtkFlash [including what switches you tried, etc]? You did press and hold the eject button while powering the system on, right?

I used every way every version possible :smiley:
And I pressed the button.

But xsf works and i get error 56 (i even don’t know what it is)

What command did you use in MtkFlash to try to flash the drive?

MTKFLASH 1 W /B /M cys1.bin

And your drive is primary master, and jumpered as primary master?

Yes

And you get no error from MtkFlash?

Yes.Just waits forever.

This is the procedure I recommend:
[B]1/[/B] create a bootable dos disk. Remove all files except command.com, io.sys and msdos.sys (the system ones)
[B]2/[/B] download mtkflash 1.80 from http://dhc014.rpc1.org/howto.htm (Currently this site is down)
[B]3/[/B] Add MTKFlash.exe to the disk.
[B]4/[/B] Get CYS1.BIN.
[B]5/[/B] Add this to the disk.
[B]6/[/B] Select the jumpers on your drive for master and [B]remove all other drives[/B].
[B]7/[/B] Boot to the floppy [B]while holding the drives eject button[/B].
[B]8/[/B] Type in MTKFlash 1 w /b /m CYS1.BIN. The 1 is primary master. See the step 2 site for details.

I’d also recommend trying it as secondary master with this command line:
MTKFlash 3 w /b /m CYS1.BIN

[B]Don’t[/B] use the MTKFlash “FULL” or “OFF” commands.

[QUOTE=C0deKing;2100614]This is the procedure I recommend:
[B]1/[/B] create a bootable dos disk. Remove all files except command.com, io.sys and msdos.sys (the system ones)
[B]2/[/B] download mtkflash 1.80 from http://dhc014.rpc1.org/howto.htm (Currently this site is down)
[B]3/[/B] Add MTKFlash.exe to the disk.
[B]4/[/B] Get CYS1.BIN.
[B]5/[/B] Add this to the disk.
[B]6/[/B] Select the jumpers on your drive for master and [B]remove all other drives[/B].
[B]7/[/B] Boot to the floppy [B]while holding the drives eject button[/B].
[B]8/[/B] Type in MTKFlash 1 w /b /m CYS1.BIN. The 1 is primary master. See the step 2 site for details.

I’d also recommend trying it as secondary master with this command line:
MTKFlash 3 w /b /m CYS1.BIN

[B]Don’t[/B] use the MTKFlash “FULL” or “OFF” commands.[/QUOTE]

I did what you said,but it freezes on all occasions.(without an error)

What kink of misflash, i.e. wrong firmware, power interruption during flash or what, and is the drive seen in BIOS? FYI http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106228 has DH-20A4P for $21 with free shipping if this drive isn’t recovered and if you might be interested in another LiteOn.

Flashed accidentally to 1693s (just there were so much fw s (1213,1613,1633,1653,1673,1693 …) and i accidentally clicked 1693s one) and drive is seen on the bios.I already have another dvd-ram drive.

off topic:

I must say that is one nice pic you took. Looks very nice on my 22" WS.

sorry about your misflash :\

Edit:
I see you grabbed it from cdrinfo :doh: still i nice pic :slight_smile: