Miramax dvd's won't copy

vbimport

I purchased 2 dvd’s by the Miramax studio in the last few weeks and I wanted to make backups of them…but DVD fab fails on both of them…Has anyone else encountered this??? Looks like some new type of protection???

[QUOTE=lebb;2496297]I purchased 2 dvd’s by the Miramax studio in the last few weeks and I wanted to make backups of them…but DVD fab fails on both of them…Has anyone else encountered this??? Looks like some new type of protection???[/QUOTE]

If you are having this problem and believe it is new protection please send the needed info to Fengtao so he can analyze the data and if it is new protection he will add support for it :cool:
Please read[B]->[/B] http://club.myce.com/f116/how-send-us-correct-info-files-dvd-blu-ray-228008/

What are the names of the movies and which version of DVDFAB are you running and a burn log would help also as it’s hard to troubleshoot with just DVDFAB fails on both of them

The movies are “The Boys are Back” and “Everybody’s Fine”…I’m running the latest beta of dvd fab and I actually tried a version of dvdfab 5 too…I never got to burning as dvdfab fails in the rip…Probably just a minute or two in when it comes up with the message of whether to ignore a error or abort…

[QUOTE=lebb;2496411]The movies are “The Boys are Back” and “Everybody’s Fine”…I’m running the latest beta of dvd fab and I actually tried a version of dvdfab 5 too…I never got to burning as dvdfab fails in the rip…Probably just a minute or two in when it comes up with the message of whether to ignore a error or abort…[/QUOTE]

If DVDFab analyzes the DVD and starts the copying process most likely it is not new protection as far as the ignore or abort message that is a read error and usually is related to either a dirty and/or scratched disc, you can also receive the message from the disc if it is a bad pressed DVD.

If it was new protection DVDFab would not even start the rip or even finish the analyzing of the DVD.

I just now got done backing up Everybody’s Fine R1 and it went as smooth as butter no problems at all using version 6.2.2.0 Beta with path player always enabled

Maybe my problem is with the path player…I’m going to try again…Here’s another question- Is there any difference between “Enable Path Player when needed” and “Always enable Path Player”??? It seems that enabling when needed will be the same as enable all the time??

Yes there is a difference as the ‘when needed’ setting doesn’t always get it right.

Try it with Path Player always enabled and see if you can now rip the disc.

[B]Wombler[/B]

I have the Miramax version of Everybody’s Fine and DVDFab was able to do that no problems and I have the Maple version of The Boys Are Back that DVDFab was able to back up as well no problems but that was not Miramax. Like the others have mentioned change pathplayer to always enabled and try again

@ Jimbo

Which version of DVDFab are you running - free or paid?

I tried 6.1.8.0 and it did not work, so I installed DVDFab 6 HD 6.2.2.0 Beta, and when I try to backup “Everybody’s Fine” R1 DVD (not Blue-ray), I get the DREADED DVDFab popup window that states . . . “To open this DVD disc, you need buy or renew DVDFab “DVD to DVD”, or you can wait for new version of DVDFab HD Decrypter.”

I have tried both “enabled” settings for PathPlayer, as well as FULL DISC and MAIN MOVIE. They did not work. However, with PathPlayer disabled, with MAIN MOVIE, there are over 80 choices - not one of which I know to choose.

Since there is no newer version than the 6.2.2.0 Beta, with PathPlayer enabled, it appears that DVDFab will NOT work for me on this DVD.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

CurlySue

[QUOTE=CurlySue;2496543]@ Jimbo

Which version of DVDFab are you running - free or paid?

I tried 6.1.8.0 and it did not work, so I installed DVDFab 6 HD 6.2.2.0 Beta, and when I try to backup “Everybody’s Fine” R1 DVD (not Blue-ray), I get the DREADED DVDFab popup window that states . . . “To open this DVD disc, you need buy or renew DVDFab “DVD to DVD”, or you can wait for new version of DVDFab HD Decrypter.”

I have tried both “enabled” settings for PathPlayer, as well as FULL DISC and MAIN MOVIE. They did not work. However, with PathPlayer disabled, with MAIN MOVIE, there are over 80 choices - not one of which I know to choose.

Since there is no newer version than the 6.2.2.0 Beta, with PathPlayer enabled, it appears that DVDFab will NOT work for me on this DVD.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

CurlySue[/QUOTE]

UPDATE

Running the R1 DVD, it appears that it has a run time of 1:39:32

Unfortunately, according to 6.2.2.0 Beta, there are 19 titles with 1:39:32 run times . . . 16 17 18 19 20 22 29 30 31 33 35 36 38 41 42 45 47 50 and 51.

Each time I try one of the above titles, I get read error messages. I could like to set DVDFab to IGNORE these error messages, but am concerned that I am wasting my time.

Has anyone found a TITLE that WORKS??? Hopefully, one of the above numbers.

CurlySue

I am using the paid version and used full disc mode, what you can do is play it in your standalone dvd player and see which title is playing and use that title, if you are using the free version then it might not be updated just yet to do this movie as I’m not sure as I haven’t ever used the free version

Thank you for your reply and for the added education, Jimbo!

I am clearly a rookie when it comes to backing up my DVDs, and this example helped PUSH me passed many of my failings. Specifically, I never checked my player DISPLAY for info regarding which title was being played. Oddly, in the back of my mind, I knew the info was there but it never reached the “working” part of my brain once I ran into DVDFab-related error messages.

As I am certain you know, the free version has a few shortfalls and this experience, for me, is typical. However, I am NOW a few steps beyond “rookie” and feeling VERY HAPPY to have received guidance from a U.S Veteran. :flower:

Thank you so very much for serving our flag and country, and for your support here at the club. :wink:

With kindest regards,

CurlySue :slight_smile:

just glad you got it

OOPS also thank you for your kind comments :slight_smile: