Minor Display Bug

I have found what appears to be a display bug in DVDFab version 5.2.5.0.

When the main DVDFab screen displays, I get some screen corruption just below the DVD to DVD menu bar. It says, somewhat faded, “Platinum (Option: Mobile) 5.2.5.0”. It overwrites/corrupts that area of the screen and some space to the right.

It looks like this extra text is supposed to go into the window title. My window title only says “DVDFab”. But the text on my Windows Taskbar button for DVDFab has both pieces of text together.

I figured out that the corruption is the result of my Windows Taskbar placement. I always have my taskbar sitting on the top of my screen. This causes the corruption. If I move my taskbar to the bottom of the screen, then start DVDFab, it displays the window title properly. But if I place my taskbar on the top or left or right hand side of the screen, the second portion of the title is not displayed in the proper spot in the window title area, and causes different forms of screen corruption, depending on where the taskbar is sitting.

A minor problem, I know. But there it is.

Don’t think this issue has anything to do with taskbar location because other members/users have reported this, please re-download a new install package and re-install the program…don’t use the install package you used that created the issue.
If that doesn’t work then try doing a clean uninstall using the guide below in my signature and make sure you use the guide for your operating system.

I am pretty sure the problem is related to the Windows Taskbar position and size.

I followed your instructions. I first tried reinstalling DVDFAB by downloading the install package new from the internet. I then ran the install. When DVDFAB started after the update, I still had the corruption.

So I then did the complete uninstall as described in your guide. I did every piece, including the registry deletions. I rebooted. I then downloaded a new copy of the DVDFAB 5.2.5.0 install package from the web site. I ran the install. I input my registration key. And then when DVDFAB came back up, it still had the same exact corruption.

I still think it’s the taskbar. If I move my taskbar to the bottom of the screen, which I guess is the default and how most people leave it, then start DVDFAB, the window title displays ok. I get no screen corruption. If I move the taskbar back to the top of my screen then start DVDFAB, I get the corruption. The text displays lower than it should. corrupting part of the window.

I can also get the text to display improperly and cause different corruption if I move my taskbar to the left side of my screen. With the taskbar on the left side of the screen, when I start DVDFAB the text appears on the window title area, but pushed off to the right. That causes corruption over the buttons in the upper-right corner of the DVDFAB window. With the taskbar on the right side of the screen, when I start DVDFAB the text appears normally.

So I get the corrution if my Windows taskbar is on the top or left side of my screen. I also tried installing a brand new first time install of DVDFAB on another PC. It exhibited the exact same problems. So this corruption wasn’t unique to my main PC.

Another thing that indicates it’s related to the taskbar is that the corruption moves based on how thick the taskbar is. My taskbar is set to 2 “rows” thick – or whatever you want to call it. If I unlock the taskbar and drag it thicker, to 3 or 4 or 5 rows thick, then start DVDFAB, the text and corruption move further down in the window.

So I can easily make the corruption appear or not, and move, by simply adjusting the Windows taskbar location and size.

I’m running Windows XP Pro SP3. It’s pretty easy for me to reproduce all this corruption. I can take screenshots of the different corruption, if anyone wants.

Thanks,
Russ

Sorry you are correct I just moved my taskbar to the upper position and got the same effect :confused:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2261660]Sorry you are correct I just moved my taskbar to the upper position and got the same effect :confused:[/QUOTE]

Does it make any difference to move the DVDFab program window towards the bottom of the screen?

Unless MS screwed up badly (and it wouldn’t be the first time…), I can’t envision that effect covering the whole screen.

OC

:slight_smile:

t this glitch is isolated to DVDFab’s title bar only[QUOTE=OCanada;2261756]Does it make any difference to move the DVDFab program window towards the bottom of the screen?

Unless MS screwed up badly (and it wouldn’t be the first time…), I can’t envision that effect covering the whole screen.

OC

:)[/QUOTE]

I have investigated this issue further and found that it is not a windows glitch but rather a DVDFab’s glitch, no other programs title bar is effected in this manner.
It doesn’t matter how far away you move DVDFab’s main screen away from the task bar nor which resolution you use for the display the result is the same, however I am at a lose why one would place the task bar at the top of the screen using it at that location does not serve any better functionality to the user :confused: course it is ones own choice :slight_smile: and since it is not a widely used location for the task bar don’t think Fengtao will spend to much time to resolve this glitch :bigsmile: there are more important issues at hand :wink:

I had the same problem so I reinstalled with a new installer and then rebooted and everything was fine also I had the dvdfab box in the middle of the screen not towards the top

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2261914]I had the same problem so I reinstalled with a new installer and then rebooted and everything was fine also I had the dvdfab box in the middle of the screen not towards the top[/QUOTE]

Move your task bar to the top on the desktop screen and then restart DVDFab :bigsmile:

you mean like this

Yes like the bottom box Troy but I got my problem fixed as in post #7 so don’t know what really caused it

i had both 5250 and 5232 open, after moving the taskbar around and opened, closed, minimized, maximised, moved…ect… only 5250 had problem.

Still minor, I know, but it looks like this is still a problem with the new version 6.0.1.0.