Minimum search terms

vbimport

Is there any possibility of decreasing the search limit to two instead of the current three characters?

I don’t know how many times I’ve wanted to search for two characters and not beeen able to. Very frustrating as there are many two character terms used in conunction with other terms to narrow down a search better.
ie 4x, 8x… I know there are more of course I can’t think of them atm though :frowning:

Anyway, very frustrating.

Do you have any idea how much CPU cycles it costs to search on two letter keywords ? There’s a reason why Google doesn’t support this as well :slight_smile:

No, how many? :stuck_out_tongue:

Sigh, ok then. :sad:

What do you mean? I can search Google for a single letter, like “I”. It doesnt complain.

If you use “", you can search for anything, even one character if you use "_*”.

This is limited to keep CPU usage within limits.
Plus the fact that a lot of 2 letter combinations can be found in almost any post, so that wouldn’t help much.

Using 4x* is possible and with also include 4x search hits.

I’ve tried the star trick quite a few times, but most times the search times out after 30 seconds. :frowning:

Originally posted by Ssseth
I’ve tried the star trick quite a few times, but most times the search times out after 30 seconds. :frowning:

Can you imagine what it would do when 2 letter search items were allowed, that would then also include 1* for example…

Yes I understand why it can’t be done but it doesn’t change the fact that it’s frustrating! :wink: