Minimum PC requirements for multi-copying

vbimport

Greetings

I’m looking for a used PC to buy for someone. She’ll be using it only to do a CD copying service, and she’ll buy 2 CD writers to install in that PC.

What are the minimum requirements a PC must have to be able to perform CD copying, in terms of stuff like processor speed, cache and ram? there are P3 633MH, 256k cache available with a good low price, but I’m not sure if that’s enough.

Any advices please?

I recomend these specs. Which are minimum by the way.

General system requirements

* Microsoft® Windows 98/98SE/Me, Windows 2000 (Service Pack 4 or later) or Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server (Service Pack 1 or later), MCE 2004 / 2005

Processor and memory:

* For writing audio and data discs:
  - 800Mhz Intel® Pentium® 3 processor or AMD Sempron™ 2200+ processors or equivalent
  - 128MB RAM
* For TV recordings, DVD and video authoring:
  - 1.2Ghz Intel® Pentium® 3 processor or AMD Sempron™ 2600+ processors or equivalent
  - 128MB RAM
* For real-time capturing and burning:
  - 1.6Ghz Intel® Pentium® 4 processor or AMD Sempron™ 2600+ processors or equivalent
  - 128MB RAM

Hard disk space:

* 600 MB disk space for a typical installation of all the components
* Up to 9 GB available hard disk space for DVD images and temporary DVD files

Quick heads up your friend had better check the laws on copying things for people commercailly, unless it is their own work, as she won’t want to end up in trouble.

JayC30, thanks for the advice. Its not commercial.
Id33k, thanks for the detailed requirements. She’s only interested in CD’s not DVD’s, and only copying, not authoring or capturing, does this make the requirements any lower? For example, alcohol says it only requires 200MH processor as a minimum.

Faster drives normally require also faster systems, CPU, slightly more power and so on.
Would be a difference if you try to copy/burn at 4x or 32x, ie.