Minimum character per post temporarily increased

vbimport

We’re currently suffering from a lot of new members who subscribe to view attachments. These new members post single word posts and to limit this I’ve temporarily increase the minimum characters per post to 20.

We hope this will not give too much inconvenience to our regular members, if so, please let us know and the decision will be reverted sooner than planned, after all the last thing we want to do is annoy our regulars :wink:

We hope you will bear with us and we hope the new members will take time to browser our forums and stay around, all new members are very welcome!

My guess is that as long as you force new users to post X number of posts in order to view attachments, they will keep on posting X number of useless posts. :wink:

oh? l uhweriuhoiue5hyno7 ybo i hg45ltiuygh liuye45gh u ouyh

I Guess it has.

o h.

The preceding posts just go to show there [I]are[/I] work-arounds…

k bye.

[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2650068]We’re currently suffering from a lot of new members who subscribe to view attachments. These new members post single word posts and to limit this I’ve temporarily increase the minimum characters per post to 20.

We hope this will not give too much inconvenience to our regular members, if so, please let us know and the decision will be reverted sooner than planned, after all the last thing we want to do is annoy our regulars :wink:

We hope you will bear with us and we hope the new members will take time to browser our forums and stay around, all new members are very welcome![/QUOTE]

Well I hope it works . just reading that Thread you closed I see why you have to do somthing .
Is that for all members or just newbies
Thanks

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2650141]The preceding posts just go to show there [I]are[/I] work-arounds…[/QUOTE]

[B]Maybe[/B] ( Moderators are not included ):flower:

I won’t even try experiments but the topic reminds me why I’d never want to host a forum - too many opportunities for my Smiting Instincts to be raised! I think my real questions need to be part of a PM though.

I don’t know,it must not include mods because I tried and got hit with the 20 word limit.must work.
For a man with a small vocabulary to write at least 20 words WOW,I don’t know.

or course I could add my old logo
just screamin’ and cryin’ bout the blue -thats 7 words

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2650118]My guess is that as long as you force new users to post X number of posts in order to view attachments, they will keep on posting X number of useless posts. ;)[/QUOTE]

I agree with Drage .
Who cares if new users see big Mike in a thong right from the start:
unless you think that will scare them off. :wink: :bigsmile:

@ Marloyd that’s 20 characters ergo 20 letters. or maybe 20 smilies I didn’t test that.

Got ya cholla [

one smiley has a lot of characters

[QUOTE=marloyd;2650263]
one smiley has a lot of characters[/QUOTE]

& some have a lot of character .

[QUOTE=cholla;2650258]Who cares if new users see big Mike in a thong right from the start:
unless you think that will scare them off. :wink: :bigsmile: [/QUOTE]Actually, I think that might have them running for the hills! :iagree: :bigsmile:

I’ll explain it a bit more. Since we’ve lost so many of our great members over the last few years (of course when I wasn’t here ;), and thank you all for staying! ) I’d like to see our great community get some new members who bring their own jokes and expertise. Many forums use restrictions and I understand why.

When done correctly (and we’re experimenting here!) it should help in getting people to get to know us better.If of the 100 people who join there will be 10-20 (nice people :slight_smile: )who decide to stay then it would be a great addition to the forum.

With this trick they are forced to signup and post and hopefully also will browse the forum so see what great content we have. Something they else maybe didn’t even bother as they just want the information and then leave.

Of course this is just a method, but I’m also open to other suggestions! There are thousands of people who visit the site but only a little of them join us and become active posters, we’d like to change that! I’m very open to ideas so if you have a good/better idea, let me know, either here or by PM!

That said, please let me know if the post character restriction is too annoying, with a few complaints it will be lifted immediately, I’m not here to frustrate people I want to make the experience better. I’ll leave the member frustration part over to other people who now have a proven track record :wink:

I might not be online a lot this weekened, so if the annoyance is too big you can also PM another Senior Admin, they are all aware of this!

k let me splain.

quote the above post and you’ll see how…

:flower: .

Maybe this works.