Mini DVD -R and GameJack for Gamecube

vbimport

I am wanting to backup my kids Gamecube games, as they cost a small fortune, and they are not as considerate with them as i would be, having scratched my Madden 05 already, and they got it for Christmas! I need to know if the mini -R’s will work for this, and if GameJack will suffice for this. I currently use the drives in my sig below, along with the Nero Version below and DVD Shrink.

Thanks

I’m afraid, GameCube uses a proprietary media format which can’t be read by consumer drives. As far as I know, there has been no successful attempts to copy GameCube discs. A (poor) backup method exists using the net link adapter, but I have not a single detail about this, just read about it somewhere…

So that makes it akin to the XBox, in that you have to FTP from the box to the PC? Or a poorer version of that? Do you have a link to how to do that with a Game Cube?

Thanks

As I said, I only have rudimentary knowledge about this, and not even a link for you, sorry. But I guess Google could come up with helpfull links if queried the right way…
Although I’m a GameCube owner since some time ago (my favorite RPG series was continued with games that are exclusive to the GameCube (DOH!), so I had to buy one), I have no solution for backing up games other than taking extreme care of the discs.

No problem, thanks, i will research further…

So that makes it akin to the XBox, in that you have to FTP from the box to the PC? Or a poorer version of that? Do you have a link to how to do that with a Game Cube?

Xbox games can be backed up, but of course you need to alter the system to play them. Similar to the PS2.

Gamecube games need to be backed up similar to how Dreamcast games were, you need to log into it and pull the data to your computer. I forget the cables needed though. Even after that is done, you need to alter your Gamecube to play them (modded). And to top it off, I think there is currently only a mod that uses the swap trick (put original in, swap with backup). Unfortunately, they did such a good job with this system’s protection that by the time a convienent way to backup your games is discovered, they’ll be into their next generation console.