Min. 60 seconds to load a page...?! Can't contribute since yesterday

vbimport

Hello,

This site has always been very fast for me. Since yesterday, it takes here about a full minute to load any page. Needless to say, I gave up posting… :frowning:

Looks like the cdfreaks pages start loading kinda fast, then get stuck while waiting for www.google-analytics.com”. Don’t know if it’s related or if it’s only a coincidence.

Is it something others are also experiencing, or am I just unlucky? :confused: :sad:

The very same happened to me this morning at work, with the “google-analytics” link. At a certain point, the problem disappeared and now it’s still running fine. :slight_smile:

Regards, :slight_smile:

ET

Still working on servers and upgrades.
That could be the cause of this.

There have been several issues due to the server troubles (eg. Problem with posting).

This time it took me about 3 minutes to load this thread’s page, and 4 to load the “reply to thread” page. :eek:

It’s kinda ironic that this issue happens just when my status gets upgraded… :doh:

Seems like this is not experienced by most members, as the site is very active judging from the number of emails notifications I receive! I don’t get it.

Not a browser issue, I tried with IE, no change (my usual browser is Firefox). Not my connexion, the problem is limited to cdfreaks.com (whole domain, not only the forum)… :confused: - if it’s a problem with the site upgrades, how comes so many members don’t seem to experience the issue?

:sad:

OK, blocked javascript for the site and not more loading delays. Of course, some functions are inaccessible so it’s not a very convenient workaround…

I’m getting it as well, occasionally. Pretty speedy now, though.

OT: Francksoy, congrats on the modship! :clap: :clap: I knew you’d become a Mod, I must be psychic :bigsmile:

Same here, everthing worked well at home this mornig, but here in office I could drink a coffee before the site has loaded.

OK, blocked javascript

“solved” the problem for me too

The problem is definitely the google-analytics.com javascript (google-analytics.com seems to be down a lot). Another forum that I frequently visit had the same problem, and they commented out the link to google-analytics. Since then everything is back to normal.

This is what’s causing the problems:

<script src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" 
type="text/javascript">
</script>

<script type="text/javascript">
_uacct = "UA-75914-3";
urchinTracker();
</script>

and this is how to solve it:

<!--
<script src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" 
type="text/javascript">
</script>

<script type="text/javascript">
_uacct = "UA-75914-3";
urchinTracker();
</script>
-->

Just a hint :wink:

Yes, it’s this script. It’s very annoying as I have to block javascript to be able use the site (with AdSubtract) , but then many functions don’t work (smilies insertion, text formatting, drop-down menus…) :frowning: that’s very inconvenient!

I hope this will be solved…

Meanwhile, if someone knows how to block a single specific script, I’m all ears! :bow:

You could try this:
Edit your hosts file (c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) and add the following line:

127.0.0.1 www.google-analytics.com

This will make the page loading faster, but there will be a javascript error because the script can no longer be found (the hosts file directs www.google-analytics.com to your own PC).
Not the nicest solution, but it works :bigsmile:

Excellent, neat trick! Does the job perfectly. :bow:

Thanks! :smiley:

Always happy to help out a fellow Belgian :bigsmile:

OK, ever since there was this major upgrade, I have to block all google references fot the site to be responsive. If I don’t, loading the pages gets stuck when executing the javascripts for the google ads and other stuff (as already mentioned www.google-analytics.com but also pagead2.googlesyndication.com).

I’m worried about this, as other members must experience the same problem, and [I]they[/I] don’t know the workaround (thanks again [B]Reefke[/B] :cool: )

It seems to me that since this problem started (about the time when I became a mod actually, synchronicity :bigsmile: ) there is less activity in several forums. See my point?

Am I mistaken?

Also database errors are much more frequent since this major upgrade…

I’ve noticed, in the last couple of days, the whole place has been less active, in terms of members, at least. :confused:

This is their way of banning you. First it’s the slow loading pages, then they start requiring small donations before every post.

I have no idea what all these other people are talking about, they must not have the heart to tell you the truth. :rolleyes:

I only had some problems with the google javascripts about a week ago, and only for one day. I already changed my hosts file back to normal and the site keeps loading quickly for the last week.
So no problems for me.

Well I am getting the problem and have no idea about editing the hosts. I will give the work around ago, but 2 minutes to load a page.

Well I tried the fix posted and I am still haveing problems. Though it is not just page loading times. The whole explorer window freezes too and quite frequently, but I am not sure if this is related but it does only happen on this site.

i also had a slow load time a few weeks ago, reloaded another image and it helped for a wee while but on a restart it would be slow again, but it’s working ok just now.

I get the same thing (assuming you’re talking about IE only loading the page partially?)…hitting F5 or refresh sorts it for me. :slight_smile:

If we’re not talking about the same thing, ignore the above :bigsmile: