Millions of Internet Explorer users no longer receive security updates starting next week

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Millions of Internet Explorer users no longer receive security updates starting next week[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/04/myce-internet-explorer-11-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

Starting next week Microsoft will no longer offer security updates for millions of Internet Explorer users. The technology giant will stop support for several versions of its browser. Users that want to continue to receive updates for Internet Explorer will have to upgrade to a newer version.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/millions-of-internet-explorer-users-no-longer-receive-security-updates-starting-next-week-78293/](http://www.myce.com/news/millions-of-internet-explorer-users-no-longer-receive-security-updates-starting-next-week-78293/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Already updated to IE11 already long time ago for all family Windows 7x64 Ult O/S. So we have no worries… :cool:

Windows 10 Pro comes with IE 11 if you are so inclined too use it, I am a Chrome guy myself, but every so often I’ll use IE 11.

Oh man, come one both of you :stuck_out_tongue:

@coolcolors - I have Internet Explorer (the application) blocked for internet access :stuck_out_tongue: - The IE engine works to provide access for other applications which all has to ask me to be allowed. It is because of hardcoded use of IE in applications and installers (like I trust them to open anything non-default?) - I am on a default outbound traffic of ‘block’ :bigsmile:

@alan1476 - I know you love technology and by this choice, it tells me that you’re true, you really do not care about privacy at all :stuck_out_tongue: . At current you are a little more vulnerable too and that actually worries me a little.

Look, I manage to tell you both that you are wrong without telling you anything about what I use :stuck_out_tongue:
I use Firefox by the way but switch between several based on the engine. Y’know, the entire dictionary of IT security contain no words like paranoia, go figure. :kiss:

A little teasing in form, because I know you can take it, I mean it though :bigsmile:

@Xercus, I have to tell you man, you are most probably one of the most interesting people we have engaged on this forum in quite some time. But when I say I really don’t care about privacy, I mean it, I am 73 years old. I am a law abiding US citizen that is about the most boring person you would ever meet. If anyone wants to follow my actions on the net or off, I know they must be very bored or have me confused with another person. I have a heart condition, actually pretty serious and I am on the donor list here in the states, I really don’t leave the house for much other than food shopping or doctors visits. ( boring) . I do not work anymore other than helping on the forum. I have a son who just graduated from a great University here, and just got a great job. I don’t smoke, I don’t drink, and with my heart condition my days of wowing the ladies are pretty much over. LOL. So if Microsoft wants my information, they can have it. I am pretty sure they have better things to do with their time than look into my internet activity’s. LOL. [B] Just an addendum[/B] , now back in the day, the 50s and 60s, I was quite the runabout, but now I am just an old man who enjoys chatting and helping out where I can.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2766144]@Xercus, I have to tell you man, you are most probably one of the most interesting people we have engaged on this forum in quite some time. But when I say I really don’t care about privacy, I mean it, I am 73 years old. I am a law abiding US citizen that is about the most boring person you would ever meet. If anyone wants to follow my actions on the net or off, I know they must be very bored or have me confused with another person. I have a heart condition, actually pretty serious and I am on the donor list here in the states, I really don’t leave the house for much other than food shopping or doctors visits. ( boring) . I do not work anymore other than helping on the forum. I have a son who just graduated from a great University here, and just got a great job. I don’t smoke, I don’t drink, and with my heart condition my days of wowing the ladies are pretty much over. LOL. So if Microsoft wants my information, they can have it. I am pretty sure they have better things to do with their time than look into my internet activity’s. LOL. [B] Just an addendum[/B] , now back in the day, the 50s and 60s, I was quite the runabout, but now I am just an old man who enjoys chatting and helping out where I can.[/QUOTE]
That’s too true those of us whom are boring I doubt they would take a flick on us. Those that do alot of FB, Twitter, and the likes would be more to their liking… which is all too true here…

[QUOTE=alan1476;2766144]@Xercus, I have to tell you man, you are most probably one of the most interesting people we have engaged on this forum in quite some time. But when I say I really don’t care about privacy, I mean it, I am 73 years old. I am a law abiding US citizen that is about the most boring person you would ever meet. If anyone wants to follow my actions on the net or off, I know they must be very bored or have me confused with another person. I have a heart condition, actually pretty serious and I am on the donor list here in the states, I really don’t leave the house for much other than food shopping or doctors visits. ( boring) . I do not work anymore other than helping on the forum. I have a son who just graduated from a great University here, and just got a great job. I don’t smoke, I don’t drink, and with my heart condition my days of wowing the ladies are pretty much over. LOL. So if Microsoft wants my information, they can have it. I am pretty sure they have better things to do with their time than look into my internet activity’s. LOL. [B] Just an addendum[/B] , now back in the day, the 50s and 60s, I was quite the runabout, but now I am just an old man who enjoys chatting and helping out where I can.[/QUOTE]

Private, I am not exactly a ‘party lion’ anymore at age 50 and my interests apart from music which I listen to as often as I can are not too mainstream now are they. Furthermore, like coolcolors mention, I do not waste my time on FB, twitter or other social media to find out what my relatives and friends have for dinner or other information of absolutely no interest what-so-ever :Z - and I’d rather have a few real friends than 600 on FB

With that said, thank you, I am glad you find some of my contribution to the forum interesting. :flower:

[QUOTE=Xercus;2766150]Private, I am not exactly a ‘party lion’ anymore at age 50 and my interests apart from music which I listen to as often as I can are not too mainstream now are they. Furthermore, like coolcolors mention, I do not waste my time on FB, twitter or other social media to find out what my relatives and friends have for dinner or other information of absolutely no interest what-so-ever :Z - and I’d rather have a few real friends than 600 on FB

With that said, thank you, I am glad you find some of my contribution to the forum interesting. :flower:[/QUOTE]
Well then, you see how much people can be alike but not know it. LOL. I am not a person that says that lightly, you are a big contributor here, and I for one appreciate it. Some one that actually knows what they are talking about is a rare commodity. ( not to offend other members) but you take a lot of valuable time with your posts and its very helpful to this community that I love. So " Thank you" on my behalf. We used to have a lot of very valuable members here, we still do , but they used to be here a lot more often. Back in the Optical Drive days, we had the best of the best here, people came from all over the world to see Liggy and Dees firmware, and Codekings flashers. [B]We were the place to be.[/B] I want those days back again. Our membership was made up of some of the best minds in the technology arena. I know nothing lasts forever, but those are things I will never forget. JW and Wendy and Liggy and others have worked hard here, I want what we had back. But this will only come with work and people, again the members that we have are great, but if you were here in 2005 when we had 150 members online at a clip and it went all night and day because we are world wide, our motto meant a lot, it still does " Knowledge is Power" , thank you for listening to my diatribe.

[B]Were? :confused: This is the place to be![/B] :iagree: