Millions of damage because of piracy

vbimport

I just posted the article Millions of damage because of piracy.

DrJ used our newssubmit to tell us about an article in a dutch newspaper. He has translated it (many thanks for that!!) to english so everyone in the world can read how good we Dutch are in burning…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/1968-Millions-of-damage-because-of-piracy.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/1968-Millions-of-damage-because-of-piracy.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

The headline should be: Millions of $$$ profit because of too high prices :r

no, i’ve got it… pirates lose millions from sale of liscenced copies! it makes about as much sense as saying the industry is losing money due to piracy :wink:

I’m very worried…:c

What bullshit. i pay tax on my SCSI card,my burner,and my blanks. THE GOVERNMENT IS NOT LOSING OUT TO PIRACY! also,does anybody know the yearly profit-figures for PLEXTOR,YAMAHA and the CDR manufacturers??? I am sure we are PROTECTING a multi-million dollar business!

cool…we`re on the right way, they should be loosing much more money :slight_smile: :slight_smile: keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep on burning :slight_smile:

yes…and we even pay taxes 2 times:( if we get payed (for those that work:)) we pay taxes, and if we buy something, we pay taxes again:) one thing is fore sure, I will NEVER EVER PAY for a piece of soft or music fuck 'm all and hard:(

“Piracy” is only a result of overpricing and under-regulation. Profiteering is the crime. If software was sold at a reasonable price, there would be no piracy.

Yes they always like these kind of figures. “We lost xxx zillion $” :r In fact they don’t even lose a very little percent of that figure, cos many “illegal” copies are “obtained” :8 by people who had NEVER buyed the original product due to high prices or simple curiosity. They don’t lose money, for sure. I buy some games, but don’t let me make my backups and I’ll buy you a kick in the ass :wink: But those great numbers sound impressive, it makes noise, don’t you think? Cheers :7

Wisedom costs money! But should be appropriate, not expensively.