Millennium S3D4 Rip Fails With Unlikey Error Code

I have been backing up the Millennium Season 3 discs just fine, but suddenly on Disc 4 it fails with Error 400() which is listed as “400 DVD_Error_TrancoderError” but makes no sense to me. I was hoping someone could explain to me what would cause the program to generate this error for a disc being ripped to HD.

Now the usual suspects, PP is set to enable as needed, I am running on Vista and using version 6.0.1.0 and the discs are new with no scratches or anything. I have attached the SS for the error. TIA.

Update, even though the previous discs did not give error, disc 5 made me look at the “ripped” files and I found that the ones that did not give an error all have a 118k and nothing to play. So did is now officially super bizarre, anyone know what’s going on?

[QUOTE=Guardian666;2294514]Update, even though the previous discs did not give error, disc 5 made me look at the “ripped” files and I found that the ones that did not give an error all have a 118k and nothing to play. So did is now officially super bizarre, anyone know what’s going on?[/QUOTE]

Possibly either a new copy protection, or a variation on an old one that hasn’t yet been programmed.

If the discs will open in Fab, suggest you sent the IFO files from the offending discs to Fengtao, along with a link to this thread, so he can check it out and let you (us) know.

OC

:slight_smile:

Hi Guardian666,

Tough to tell from the “generic” error code generated by Fab.
It’s not much help as you know.
You may have done this already, but…

1. Please try PP always enabled and if this fails, try completely disabled.

2. Despite the disc looking pristine, please clean it with a microfiber cloth and some alcohol, windex, etc.
    Please wipe inside to outside, like spokes on a wheel and not in a circular fashion.

3. Try another ODD. Even burners that do a great job burning can vary greatly in their ability to “read”.

4. You can try a couple changes in Common Settings. This has only worked for me 2-3 times over the past few years, but you never know…

[B]Read [/B]> tick [B]Ignore all reading errors automatically[/B].
This may in fact, cause you to “copy” read errors, but it’s worked for me a few times and has never forced any read errors, at least in my experience.

Untick [B]Enable read-ahead cache[/B].
Essentially, this is the drive buffer and may cause things to slow down a bit.

There’s one more item I wanted to add, but honestly…I forget.
60 years old is becoming something of a bitch.
The wife sends me to the store for 3 items…inevitably, I can only remember 2…:rolleyes:…then I have to call…:eek:
I’ve tried lists, but generally I can’t find them…:stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=OCanada;2294541]Possibly either a new copy protection, or a variation on an old one that hasn’t yet been programmed.

If the discs will open in Fab, suggest you sent the IFO files from the offending discs to Fengtao, along with a link to this thread, so he can check it out and let you (us) know.

OC

:)[/QUOTE]

I thought about that but the Millennium discs have been released for a long while, I would be hard pressed to think its an encryption that is not been encountered before and is failing.

[QUOTE=maineman;2294550]Hi Guardian666,

Tough to tell from the “generic” error code generated by Fab.
It’s not much help as you know.
You may have done this already, but…

1. Please try PP always enabled and if this fails, try completely disabled.

2. Despite the disc looking pristine, please clean it with a microfiber cloth and some alcohol, windex, etc.
    Please wipe inside to outside, like spokes on a wheel and not in a circular fashion.

3. Try another ODD. Even burners that do a great job burning can vary greatly in their ability to “read”.

4. You can try a couple changes in Common Settings. This has only worked for me 2-3 times over the past few years, but you never know…

[B]Read [/B]> tick [B]Ignore all reading errors automatically[/B].
This may in fact, cause you to “copy” read errors, but it’s worked for me a few times and has never forced any read errors, at least in my experience.

Untick [B]Enable read-ahead cache[/B].
Essentially, this is the drive buffer and may cause things to slow down a bit.

There’s one more item I wanted to add, but honestly…I forget.
60 years old is becoming something of a bitch.
The wife sends me to the store for 3 items…inevitably, I can only remember 2…:rolleyes:…then I have to call…:eek:
I’ve tried lists, but generally I can’t find them…:p[/QUOTE]

I will run through a few hoops and keep in mind what you suggested, I will let you know if I can fix it or what else I encounter. Would be nice to know from fengtao though if he knows this to be a problem and why.

What copy mode were you using? DVD-5 or DVD-9 size output? What DVDFab version number are you using?
In addition to the good suggestions you’ve already had, try:
Select DVD-9 output size (no compression)
Clone mode->ISO
DVD to Mobile->Generic->VOB passthrough
to see if any of those methods will read and process the disc correctly.

Originally posted by [B]Guardian666[/B]
I thought about that but the Millennium discs have been released for a long while, I would be hard pressed to think its an encryption that is not been encountered before and is failing.

That’s only one of a couple of ‘stock’ answers I give to what to us here, the “Help Squad”, can’t possibly determine - the source of a technical problem with the disc.

None of us have the thousands of dollars of equipment necessary to do proper tests on your disc and give you a definitive answer, and you would probably find it awkward to part with the disc for who-knows-how-long, while we tried to find an answer…

So it’s either a stock answer (would ‘defective disc’ have sounded any better to you?), or try another disc, and we’ll still never know what was wrong with the first if that works, or let Fengtao play with the IFO files, and at least determine it’s not a copy protection issue.

We may end up in the same spot (replace the iffy disc), and you and I may be no wiser in the end, but we have to start somewhere…

OC

:slight_smile:

DVD-5

As stated, 6.0.1.0, thought about trying the .6 beta but not sure I want to take that leap in the middle of a problem right now. What do you think?

[QUOTE=signals;2294579]In addition to the good suggestions you’ve already had, try:
Select DVD-9 output size (no compression)
Clone mode->ISO
DVD to Mobile->Generic->VOB passthrough
to see if any of those methods will read and process the disc correctly.[/QUOTE]

Will give that a shot, thank you.

[QUOTE=OCanada;2294585]That’s only one of a couple of ‘stock’ answers I give to what to us here, the “Help Squad”, can’t possibly determine - the source of a technical problem with the disc.

None of us have the thousands of dollars of equipment necessary to do proper tests on your disc and give you a definitive answer, and you would probably find it awkward to part with the disc for who-knows-how-long, while we tried to find an answer…

So it’s either a stock answer (would ‘defective disc’ have sounded any better to you?), or try another disc, and we’ll still never know what was wrong with the first if that works, or let Fengtao play with the IFO files, and at least determine it’s not a copy protection issue.

We may end up in the same spot (replace the iffy disc), and you and I may be no wiser in the end, but we have to start somewhere…

OC

:)[/QUOTE]

Ok, meant no offense so I am not sure where the harsh sermon is coming from as I didn’t ask anyone to verify hardware, buy thousands of dollars in equipment and there is no stock answer I prefer other than one that is based on some knowledge or experience applicable to my problem.

This is a support forum, hence why its ok for me to post my problem and hope that someone else has run into it, knows how to fix or has found a way or possibly shed light on a bug that the developer might appreciate hearing about to fix it. As a programmer of 20 years and someone who has provided extensive support, I have found stock answers to be the least useful unless they pertain to the problem expressed. Stock answer for a step by step solution is one thing, just throwing out everything that can be wrong is just not helpful.

That being said, my stock response to you was logically based and an assumption more likely to hold true that if a disc has been released with a certain encryption for a while now, would most likely have been already encountered and defeated and not the issue. If you recall, I still didn’t say you were wrong, I simply said what I thougth.

Thank you. :flower:

[QUOTE=Guardian666;2294596]DVD-5

Ok, meant no offense so I am not sure where the harsh sermon is coming from as I didn’t ask anyone to verify hardware, buy thousands of dollars in equipment and there is no stock answer I prefer other than one that is based on some knowledge or experience applicable to my problem.

This is a support forum, hence why its ok for me to post my problem and hope that someone else has run into it, knows how to fix or has found a way or possibly shed light on a bug that the developer might appreciate hearing about to fix it. As a programmer of 20 years and someone who has provided extensive support, I have found stock answers to be the least useful unless they pertain to the problem expressed. Stock answer for a step by step solution is one thing, just throwing out everything that can be wrong is just not helpful.

That being said, my stock response to you was logically based and an assumption more likely to hold true that if a disc has been released with a certain encryption for a while now, would most likely have been already encountered and defeated and not the issue. If you recall, I still didn’t say you were wrong, I simply said what I thougth.

Thank you. :flower:[/QUOTE]

No offence taken…your second post actually started me down the copy protection path, but as I re-read your posts, I did notice one thing…

Path Player, which you indicated has been set at ‘enable as needed’ is actually a dicey setting - always enabled or always disabled are better choices…‘as needed’ has known issues.

Sorry if I sounded like I was lecturing…I get carried away trying to say what I want to sometimes…

OC

:wink:

[QUOTE=Guardian666;2294596]DVD-5

As stated, 6.0.1.0, thought about trying the .6 beta but not sure I want to take that leap in the middle of a problem right now. What do you think?

Will give that a shot, thank you.

Thank you. :flower:[/QUOTE]Try the DVD-9 size first, and as my good friend Maineman and others pointed out, PathPlayer works best all the way on (or all the way off if that fails). I would wait on the version update, nothing there likely to help, although sometimes just installling the program again can clear unusual problems.

[QUOTE=OCanada;2294600]No offence taken…your second post actually started me down the copy protection path, but as I re-read your posts, I did notice one thing…

Path Player, which you indicated has been set at ‘enable as needed’ is actually a dicey setting - always enabled or always disabled are better choices…‘as needed’ has known issues.

Sorry if I sounded like I was lecturing…I get carried away trying to say what I want to sometimes…

OC

;)[/QUOTE]

No apology needed and I am glad you didn’t take offense, using this medium of communication, it leaves alot to be desired and facilitates misunderstandings so easily. Smileys only go far :slight_smile:

Yes, I felt the same way about that PP setting and ran with it off until actually fairly recently when fengtao outright told me it was fixed and is much better and I SHOULD run in that mode, which I accepted coming from the source.

[QUOTE=signals;2294601]Try the DVD-9 size first, and as my good friend Maineman and others pointed out, PathPlayer works best all the way on (or all the way off if that fails). I would wait on the version update, nothing there likely to help, although sometimes just installling the program again can clear unusual problems.[/QUOTE]

Will do, and yes as I stated in reply above, I was always apprehensive of it too but was told to the contrary so accepted it. However, given the consensus here and my own original feelings on the subject, I will run with it off and see what happens and switch to full on if it doesn’t work and avoid this setting. Thanks everyone.