MIJ, MIT or MIC SD cards?

Does it make a difference?

Since we can’t “burn” them, than maybe not? :bigsmile:

LOL :bigsmile:

@kg_evilboy

These terms often refer to cd & dvd media, flash media is differentiated by brand name only and type

I guess we could burn them, probably stink. :Z As long as people don’t start sniffing them we’ll be ok! :stuck_out_tongue:

of course this would null and void the warranty

Unlike CD and DVD recordable media, quite many flash memory chips are also made by US and South Korean companies.

http://digitimes.com/bits_chips/a20060712A2005.html

Hynix and Samsung , who together accounted for over 60% of global NAND sales in the first quarter of 2006, as estimated by iSuppli, are said to be sparking a price war. Industry sources observe that Samsung is quoting its single-level cell (SLC) NAND at a level similar to that of multi-level cell (MLC) solutions, in an attempt to avoid losing customers and attract more orders.

A large amount of my cards [labelled china/taiwan] are made with SAMSUNG chips - in fact - samsung chips seem to DOMINATE the market! I haven’t opened a card in my house that didn’t have a samsung chip in it - from an old KingMax 64MB to a new corsair 1GB SD 133x which failed … [though a Hagiwara Sys Com did have a TOSHIBA and so did a TGE MP3 Player]

Now I have been googling a bit and found out that in the early days (about three years ago) some users complained about incompatibilities with some Pocket PCs and MIC or MIT cards :slight_smile:
Wonder whether this depends on the COO or the manufacturer though.
Samsung chips shouldn’t be bad… I wonder what SanDisk uses though.