MIJ DVD+R media

I just went shopping at Wal-Mart and K-Mart and was looking for MIJ 8X DVD+R media.

K-Mart had some Sony 8X DVD+R MIJ…is that definitely TY?

Also, I ran across some Maxell MIJ 8X and 16X DVD+R at Wal-Mart.

OfficeMax was closed, but their flyer shows Verbatim 16X DVD+R buy one pack of 50, get another pack of 50 free.

What is the best out of those 3 choices? What would you go with for a BenQ 1650?

Thanks!

Tough choices… I’d go for the Yudens based on personal experience, but the Verbatim and Maxell 16X discs ought to be excellent as well @ 16X speeds… TY 8X@16X may be a bit of a crapshoot, even if it IS a 1650.

I’d go with Sony 8X +R TY , it is the [B]best[/B] media.
Verbatim is excellent too , but only if you got CMC made

OT :

My brother lives in Nashville TN , and I told him to go to Walmart to look for some Sony 8X MIJ , but he could only find Memorex :doh:

My 1650 really likes the MIJ Maxell 16x media, but it’s not so keen on the 8x variety.

So I’d go for the 16x MIJ Maxells :slight_smile:

I ended up buying the Sony TY media. Code on the back of each disc says TG001200. Anybody know anything about that batch? I’ve seen TG001162 mentioned in some other threads, but not TG001200.

Yo-

The ‘TG001200’ is the batch number - so the only way is to do a reliable Quality Scan of either a test burn or a movie backup-eh!