MII Verbatim DLs - finally worth buying?

vbimport

About 3 weeks ago, I ordered some Verbatim 2.4x DVD+R DLs from SVP. They were MIS. I ordered some more a week ago, but this time, I recieved MII ones.

So I think they must be a fairly new stock.

I tried them and was very pleasantly surprised by the results.

Has anyone experienced the same with new MII DLs?

Seems like they went the same way as with their single layer discs.

I’m now finished with the first 10 cake and ended up with 10 perfect discs.
Here are some scans of them, all burned at 4x with Pioneer DVR-112L 1.24. TRTs are always perfect.

Nice womi im ordering some more soon my last batch was mis but cost more , gunna look at some mii if their like that :slight_smile:

nice Job Womi !!

Can u post a 6x burn with a 8x scan pls ?

Looks like MBI just took a while to stabilize the DL media, like it took a while for it to get the 16x +R and -R just right, eh? Those are looking good. :clap:

Look pretty good :iagree:

Nice scans, Womi! :clap:…thanks for sharing them :flower:

Good to know the TRTs were perfect, too :wink:

The scans may be good but from what i have read there not as good when it comes to reliability and playback for 360 backups as the MIS discs are. I’m guessing those are 360 backups from the label names, if so test them out on your 360, play the game through and let us now how they was.

[QUOTE=Jedi Master Yoda;2081660]The scans may be good but from what i have read there not as good when it comes to reliability and playback for 360 backups as the MIS discs are. I’m guessing those are 360 backups from the label names, if so test them out on your 360, play the game through and let us now how they was.[/QUOTE]

They play absolutely perfect in both 360s tried (Hitachi and BenQ drive).

And everything else would be quite surprising at such good 8x scans.

My brothers 360 doesnt like any Verbatim media i think the lazer needs some tinkering with :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Albert;2081506]Looks like MBI just took a while to stabilize the DL media, like it took a while for it to get the 16x +R and -R just right, eh? Those are looking good. :clap:[/QUOTE]Was thinking along the same lines. Time for me to order a cakebox I guess. :slight_smile:

Yep :slight_smile:

First three discs of the second 10 cake :clap:

[QUOTE=Womi;2081666]They play absolutely perfect in both 360s tried (Hitachi and BenQ drive)[/QUOTE]

Sweet. I think though as long as i can get them i will probably stick with MIS disc’s.

[QUOTE=Jedi Master Yoda;2081941]Sweet. I think though as long as i can get them i will probably stick with MIS disc’s.[/QUOTE]

Yep, but it’s looking now like MII may not be such a bad second choice after all :slight_smile:

Womi, have you tried burning any on your LiteOn for comparison? Be insteresting to see how a different drive does with them. :flower:

Yes, I mentioned that a few days ago, totally agree with you :iagree: (as usual :bigsmile: )

[QUOTE=achemen;2081495]nice Job Womi !!

Can u post a 6x burn with a 8x scan pls ?[/QUOTE]

Here you are, first disc burned 6x :clap:

Not Bad, don’t see me using MII DL’s though anytime soon as i have 47 MIS x2.4 DL Disc’s. :slight_smile: