Microsoft's Really Hidden Files v2.0

If this is true its scary...

There are folders on your computer that Microsoft has tried hard to keep secret. Within these folders you will find two (major) things: Microsoft Internet Explorer has been logging all of the sites you have ever visited -- even after you've cleared your cache, and Microsoft's Outlook and Outlook Express has been logging ALL of your e-mail correspondence -- even after you've erased them from your trashbin. (This also includes all incoming and outgoing e-mail attachments.) And believe me, that's not even the half of it.

ADVERTISEMENT

When I say that these files are hidden well, I really mean it. If you don't have any knowledge of DOS, then don't plan on finding these files on your own. I say this because some of these files will only be found in DOS while some of these folders can only be found in Windows Explorer. Additionally, there are some folders that will not be displayed by neither DOS nor Explorer -- but can only be found using a workaround. Basically what I am saying is if you didn't know these files existed then the chances of you running across them is slim to slimmer.

To give you an example of how sneaky this is, there are three hidden folders that may contain your name, address, phone, all the sites you've visited, every single e-mail you've sent/received, every attachment you've ever sent/received, everything you've searched for in a search engine, every filename you've downloaded, names of documents containing "sensitive" information, copies of all your cookies, full readable e-mail from your hotmail account, your PGP keys, and more.

Read the whole story Here

ADVERTISEMENT

Source: Fuckmicrosoft

No posts to display