Microsoft Windows 8 rumored for 2012

vbimport

I just posted the article Microsoft Windows 8 rumored for 2012.

[quote][/quote]

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-windows-8-rumored-for-2012-35763/](http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-windows-8-rumored-for-2012-35763/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

won’t even consider it unless it’s open source.

who am I kidding LOL!

Microsoft has lost me as a customer for freaking ever. The only problem is when buying a new computer (not so much desktops, but laptops) getting a really good one with no OS or Linux pre-installed is really difficult to obtain.

If Windows 7 is so great, then it doesn’t need to have a new version update so soon. It says a lot for XP still having the market share it’s got still. MS will only piss off their corporate customers who have deploy their crap every time they update it by releasing too often.

Oh well, at least my Linux upgrades itself without me having to reinstall it.
Take that microsoft slaves.

Vista wasn’t widely adopted, which basically gave XP a lifespan of 10 years. Windows 7 is just getting popular, and they want to replace it already? Seems like a cash grab. New copies of windows cost quite a bit. Most copies are OEM on computers. When XP lasted as long as it did… people didn’t need to upgrade the software.

Alot of people use computers for more than 3 years… I think the new OS is a cashgrab to try and sell upgrades to those people.

Does MS really want to keep the crappy os/good os cycle that the 3 year thing creates. ie win98 (good) / win me (crap) / win xp (good) / visa (meh) / 7 (good).

Sounds like M$ is going down the Apple route and releasing a paid service pack called Windows 8 then 9 then 10. What’s new it it?? I know, more eye candy!!

[QUOTE=penguin_head;2552651]won’t even consider it unless it’s open source.

who am I kidding LOL!

[B]If Windows 7 is so great, then it doesn’t need to have a new version update so soon. It says a lot for XP still having the market share it’s got still. MS will only piss off their corporate customers who have deploy their crap every time they update it by releasing too often.[/B]
[/QUOTE]

Yup, fully agree! :bigsmile:

Microsoft should go down in history as the biggest marketing ploy on earth. I mean here we are since 1995, millions of computer users paying perfectly good money, over and over, to do little more than beta test a faulty product. Day in and day out users download upgrades, install security fixes and troubleshoot their systems over and over for years and years and no one thinks this is insanity? We spend an incredible amount of our computing time just maintaining the operating system and still the public marches to the stores like sheep, standing in line to pay for another round of the same old crap. Congrats to Bill Gates for turning a major chunk of society into submissive bitches.

[QUOTE=Zod;2552653]
Alot of people use computers for more than 3 years… I think the new OS is a cashgrab to try and sell upgrades to those people.

Does MS really want to keep the crappy os/good os cycle that the 3 year thing creates. ie win98 (good) / win me (crap) / win xp (good) / visa (meh) / 7 (good).[/QUOTE]

Not only that but rather they should get W7 fixed or Service packed correctly and fix those problems and then maybe start on a new O/S that is working properly from the start. But as others have said it’s about making money regardless of what consumer and IT departments wants to have or do in their limited budgets…Rather they should provide better support that will keep the endusers with them for the long haul rather then make a quick buck and make us patch endlessly.

Instead of supporting and creating a solid platform they want to something new for purpose of charging more $. M$ apparently still hasn’t learned from thier past. One of the reasons that XP has been so successful and still has a large a market share is because it is an OS with a solid reputation. It may not be fancy but it runs great and therefore less issues. An OS that has had the time to mature to its full potential is a sure win. Win7 could be the next OS to reach this level if they would allow it to instead of drowing it by bringing another. If 8 flops then it will do for 7 what Vista did for XP. Seriously, though they should invest in 7 to make a good product great. Remember the I’m a MAC I’m a PC commercials, they exsited because of Vista and now that MS is finally saving face again they want to jeopardize it?!@! The only innovative reasons I can seem them justifying this woud be to introduce touch screen monitors, kinect-type user interfaces and true improvement in Media Center including native blu-ray 3D support (meaning the GUI would also be in 3D) and support of digital HD content providers (such as Dish or Time Warner with DVR functionality). OK I woke up. Other than that its just greed…

I bought 2 full version licenses and I will be really mad if this is not a free update. I spent almost 600USD for these 2 licenses and I will not do it again.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2577431]I bought 2 full version licenses and I will be really mad if this is not a free update. I spent almost 600USD for these 2 licenses and I will not do it again.[/QUOTE] Huh? How can you buy licenses of Windows 8 when it’s nowhere near ready to ship yet?!? :confused:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2577438]Huh? How can you buy licenses of Windows 8 when it’s nowhere near ready to ship yet?!? :confused:[/QUOTE]
You know what I mean’t you old Dragon, I bought 2 full licenses for Windows 7 64 bit, if they release Windows 8 before 2013 I will be really unhappy if its not a free upgrade.:wink:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2577439]You know what I mean’t you old Dragon[/QUOTE]No, you managed to confuse me.

I bought 2 full licenses for Windows 7 64 bit, if they release Windows 8 before 2013 I will be really unhappy if its not a free upgrade.:wink:
That explains it, but I don’t think Microsoft promises free upgrades except (sometimes) for a few months before release, so I wouldn’t count on it. I’m also not sure if Microsoft themselves have promised free upgrades in the past, or if this has only been through their OEMs.

SP1 for Windows 7 is only just out, and some people and places want to see SP1 (the stuff we had to “fix in the field”), before they consider switching