Microsoft: Windows 7 can no longer keep up with today’s increased security requirements

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Microsoft: Windows 7 can no longer keep up with today’s increased security requirements[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2014/12/myce-windows-7-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

Windows 7 can no longer keep up with today’s increased security requirements, according to Microsoft. The OS also has higher operating costs due to increased malware attacks and many manufacturers no longer provide drivers for Windows 7 which means that modern peripherals are no longer working with the OS, the software giant writes.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-windows-7-can-no-longer-keep-todays-increased-security-requirements-81230/](http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-windows-7-can-no-longer-keep-todays-increased-security-requirements-81230/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

And blah blah, blah blah, and blah blah.

CDan…you…you i like

Windows 7 can no longer keep up with today’s increased security requirements, according to Microsoft.
This is something written by a desparate company wanting people to buy Windows 10-defines common sense.
The OS also has higher operating costs due to increased malware attacks and many manufacturers no longer provide drivers for Windows 7 which means that modern peripherals are no longer working with the OS, the software giant writes.
This is so FAKE news-operating cost what kinda cost are they looking at? Trying to hide Windows 10 problems by saying Windows 7 has problem only goes to show desperation.

[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2786855]Microsoft: Windows 7 can no longer keep up with today’s increased security requirements[/QUOTE]
A classic piece of FUD. :rolleyes:

Maybe there is some truth to that statement. But I can’t see any reason to think Windows 10 is any better. If fact it is arguably worse - on installation you are still given Administrator privileges by default, but Microsoft tells you even less than before.

Desperation started with forced updates lol Shakes Head I’m sticking with Win 7 it still works and I don’t plan on building a new PC anytime soon.

Yes, my first thought has already been extremely well sized up by the others above - when a company gets a reputation for being under-handed - everything they say after that is suspect - that’s why “integrity” is so important for a brand-name to maintain. Microsoft lost it!Â

Sounds like MS is softening us up for an early end for Windows 7 support…

Gosh, lose “support”? Oh my!
Lose the chance for updates that break a wide assortment of functions? Oh my!

Hey folks. This is targeted more at businesses. The costs and support they refer to are used by companies. Costs for example are downtime and increased IT costs to prevent or support a malware attack etc. Greater cost to recover a system to older OS etc.
Support, well For example I called MSDN support last year to help debug a BSOD issue with Server 2008R2 OS which is same OS kernel / generation as Win 7. If the crash had turned out to be something MS could fix via a hotfix, they wouldn’t do it in 2008R2 without a hefty fee because mainstream support was over. However they would fix it in Win 2012R2 if applicable, based on the support policy.Â
So these things may sound irrelevant and fake to home users but in some cases are very important to businesses.Â

It all sounds like nonsense to me. Win 7 is by far the most stable operating system ever released by Microsoft and, understandably, many people do not wish to “upgrade”.

I thought Windows 7 was supposed to be fully supported by Microsoft until 2020? At least that is what their website states.

[QUOTE=stonesfan99;2787159]I thought Windows 7 was supposed to be fully supported by Microsoft until 2020? At least that is what their website states.[/QUOTE]
Called MisInformation, so people will go Windows 10. I am slowly migrating my systems to Windows 10 begrudgingly but do so because I already did the early online activation when they have the offer so I don’t have to go out and buy Windows 10 to get it. So I’ll have to live with those faults but I’ve taken countermeasure to deal with those problems.