Microsoft willing to avoid China due to piracy

vbimport

Microsoft willing to avoid China due to piracy.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2010/05/LkzFLh.jpg[/newsimage]Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer admitted his company is looking to expand outside of China due to the country's disappointing stance on software piracy that runs rampant within its borders.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-willing-to-avoid-china-due-to-piracy-30162/](http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-willing-to-avoid-china-due-to-piracy-30162/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Daaammmnnn. What I wouldn’t give to have 10 minutes alone with all that contraband. Maybe I could finally get a decent copy of Iron Man 2.

Also, piracy is wrong and China should be ashamed.

I don’t blame Microsoft on their stance. China seems to be the “Knockoff capital of the world” with everything: software piracy, fashion knockoffs like designer clothing & handbags, upscale jewelry like Rolex watches; cheap products are what’s keeping the nation going nowadays. Unfortunately, it thrives because consumers buy these counterfeit products by the gross. People need to realize that, if they like a product, rather than saving a little bit of money and supporting the businesses doing the counterfeiting, they should be supporting the original innovator, designer, artist, musician, developer, etc. Give back to the people & companies who are working hard to make the products you use.

[QUOTE=wconeybeer;2521070]People need to realize that, if they like a product, rather than saving a little bit of money and supporting the businesses doing the counterfeiting, they should be supporting the original innovator, designer, artist, musician, developer, etc. Give back to the people & companies who are working hard to make the products you use.[/QUOTE]

What do you think this is, a perfect world? People want cheap pricing, good quality, and they want it yesterday. China is the only place that delivers. Well, mostly good quality. I’ll never buy toothpaste or powdered milk from them again.

What do you think this is, a perfect world? People want cheap pricing, good quality, and they want it yesterday.

Don’t I wish it was a perfect world. It would be great if the people who were doing the pirating and counterfeiting were creating good quality products, but that’s not what’s happening from what I’ve seen. It’s crap, but people see that they’re saving $$$ and go for it anyway even though they are going to have to re-buy more frequently because of the lesser quality. And then there’s the fact that “real” manufacturers have to raise pricing because of the money they’re losing to piracy. There’s no such thing as perfect, but our economy would be in much better shape if people were more conscious of where their money was going.

[QUOTE=DukeNukem;2521062]Daaammmnnn. What I wouldn’t give to have 10 minutes alone with all that contraband.[/quote] I love China. It gave me complete access to a lot of bootlegged anime movies, completely legal.

Maybe I could finally get a decent copy of Iron Man 2.
Don’t bet your soul on it.

Also, piracy is wrong and China should be ashamed.
Perhaps, but the main fact is that you cannot do anything against it. It seems for those billion people it is perfectly legal to copy/pirate/duplicate anything software. Maybe companies are getting dissapointed by that, but nobody is forcing companies to do business with China.

[QUOTE=wconeybeer;2521079] our economy would be in much better shape if people were more conscious of where their money was going. .[/QUOTE]Most people do not care how a product was made/processed or where it came from. They just want “a” product. I completely agree the main problem is most consumers do not THINK before they buy and China business men know this.

If you want a 100% true Ipod, go to an Apple store and get one. Pay top dollar, get minimal support, lots of limitations and a product made in China (FoxConn), but controlled by Apple.

If you just want a compatible thing. Go to a toy store (they love cheap plastic crap) and get one ultra cheap. It looks cheap, it is cheap, get NO support, unlimited possibilities (everything the hardware can do, you can do) and a product made in China (not FoxConn but some stupid family business using its family members as slaves), not controlled by anybody or anything.

The funny thing is it was the companies greed for more profit which is why a lot of companies set up their manufacturing in China and trained locals as factory managers etc to make their goods to their companies specifications, and it is usually one of those people the companies have trained who set up their own counterfeit factory making copies from the knowledge the company taught them .

But ultimately if you try to charge to much for your goods people will not buy it they will be more likely to just pirate it, just look at the rip off price for shitty music and ripoff prices for software and games.

If they gave the consumer a good product at a fair and reasonable price a lot of the piracy would disappear overnight and the company would have far better profits. They might learn oneday.

[QUOTE=darwin03;2521202]If they gave the consumer a good product at a fair and reasonable price a lot of the piracy would disappear overnight and the company would have far better profits. They might learn oneday.[/QUOTE]
Hindsight is 20/20 … give them a few more years to go out of business … and then they’ll realise.

I love the irony that the big manufacturers move their production to china to save $$, sacrificing quality, destroying lives of their loyal employees and ploying the local economy into the ground in the process … and then someone in china makes suspiciously similar copies of their crap, and sells it for less, and then the manufacturers loses $$$$.

It’s practically Zen … what goes around, comes around.

How hard would it be for 1 person in China to have Windows 7 legitimately and then for someone to copy it it, with all updates and call it something else like, “视窗7”, for instance . Now that it is known they have one of the fastest supercomputers, it must take them a whopping 2 minutes to break windows and all their other software.

I am personally trying to buy as little of I can from China. With a little work and patience. I can find what I want, and usually much better quality and either the same price or price commensurate with the quality.

[QUOTE=Zathros;2522172]How hard would it be for 1 person in China to have Windows 7 legitimately and then for someone to copy it it, with all updates and call it something else like, “视窗7”, for instance . Now that it is known they have one of the fastest supercomputers, it must take them a whopping 2 minutes to break windows and all their other software.

I am personally trying to buy as little of I can from China. With a little work and patience. I can find what I want, and usually much better quality and either the same price or price commensurate with the quality.[/QUOTE]
What do mean have it legitimately?

Microsofts manufacturing/DVD replicator plant is in china … oops, I accidentally typed 1000,000 instead of 100,000.

Oh well …

Exactly, and I thought the pirates were off of Somalia?