Microsoft will soon unveil free anti-virus software

BOSTON (Reuters) Microsoft Corp is getting ready to unveil a long-anticipated free anti-virus service for personal computers that will compete with products sold by Symantec Corp and McAfee Inc.

Link: http://www.reuters.com/article/technologyNews/idUSTRE5585IV20090610

:cool::cool:

Sorry I see a virus waiting to happen just cause it was made by MS.

:bigsmile::bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Dr. Who;2290215]Sorry I see a virus waiting to happen just cause it was made by MS.[/QUOTE]

I second that :iagree: or 3rd that

I think i’ll stick with Kaspersky. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Dr. Who;2290215]Sorry I see a virus waiting to happen just cause it was made by MS.[/QUOTE]

Awesome truth!

What was that thing about windows 98, netscape, internet explorer, bundling & anti-trust lawsuits?

You know you’re getting old when history starts repeating.

Hehe, this might be the first antivirus software that does not kill Windows installations by putting essential system files into quarantine (or even deleting them) :bigsmile:

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2292193]Hehe, this might be the first antivirus software that does not kill Windows installations by putting essential system files into quarantine (or even deleting them) :bigsmile:

Michael[/QUOTE]
I’m sure it will continue the fine tradition of scanning every file read/write access, drawing the PC to a crawl … and deleting suspicious files … starting with HAL.dll, and demotion of all those annoying administrator level user-accounts to standard user accounts :iagree:

Beta will be released to public this Tiesday according to the new on the net.