Microsoft visual c++, runtime error with mpeg file

Hi everybody, I have download some rar file from internet, after extracting them I got a mpeg file that seems good (none from forum found problems with it), I have used test and repair options of winrar and rar parts seems ok (I have download them 2 times), but as I click on it, my ram runs up and SO crashes, after there are some messages: microsoft visual c++, runtime library: runtime error!
program C\windows\explorer.exe abnormal program termination
memory could not be read (or something like that, my pc is not English)
runtime error 216

sometimes after trying to open it, my sound card crashes and I need to restart to ear my mp3
I can open it only with zoomplayer and vlc but from open file command of programs, I can’t select or right click file
Gom player: can’t open, it says there is no sound card or it’s not well connected
realplayer and atimediapalyer: abnormal file termination
bsplayer: BSPlayer v1.00.803, Unhandled exception at EIP: 77E538B2
If you click ‘Close’ application will be terminated.
Please report this info to the author with description what were you doing.
External exception E06D7363
EExternalException
, 0x004E746F, 0x004E766D, 0x00453527, 0x0044A872, 0x77D13A50, 0x77D13B1F, 0x77D13D79, 0x77D14374, 0x004E8584, 0x77E6141A
Bytes at EIP: 5E C9 C2 10 00 6A 18 68 80 2F E6 77 E8 68 69 00 00 64

my SO is xp, sp1, 2,4gh 1,256 ram

videoinspector says it’s ok

mediainfo log file:
Formato : MPEG-1 Program
Formato/Family : MPEG-1
Dimensione : 775 Mb
Durata : 1h 30min
BitRate : 1204 Kbps

Video #0
Codec : MPEG-1 Video
Codec settings/Matri : Custom
Durata : 1h 30min
BitRate : 1000 Kbps
Modalità : CBR
Larghezza : 352 pixels
Altezza : 240 pixels
AspectRatio : 4/3
FrameRate : 29.970 fps
Interlacement : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.395

Audio #0
Codec : MPEG-1 Audio layer 2
Durata : 1h 29min
BitRate : 192 Kbps
Modalità : CBR
Canali : 2 canali
SamplingRate : 44 KHz
Risoluzione : 16 bits
Ritardo Video : -41ms
Compressore : Xing (new)

for GSPOT I have the codecs I need, but if I try proposed codec solutions and tests:
MS A/V: ffdshow crashes and gspot says there is a problem with C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll after that even gspot crashes
GSPOT aud and GSPOT vid: first keys show a lot of codecs, but if I type second ones gspot crashes and says runtime error

mediafix failed to fix it (it gives a same file like the old one)
virtualdubmod, says: “source video stream uses a compression algorithm which is not compatible with avi files. Direct stream copy cannot be used”
I have recoded it with tmpegenc and it works, but I would like to read the original one

I have scanned my system with some antispyware, antitrojans and anti virus, but it seems ok

any suggestion, please? do you know some other forum where I can ak for?
(sorry for my bad English)

thank you and best regards

What kinda file did you download? What kinda compression is the file saved as? Have you tried to reinstall your C++ and sound card drivers? Sound like that file you download tried to use corrupted your drivers and dll files. Files downloaded doesn’t mean its safe for one doesn’t mean it will cause problem for others unless it’s from a source like microsoft or sun or HP.

Hi, thank you very much for answer
file is a mpg, codec is MPEG1 (like in the log file from gspot), my sound card is on board with motherboard, I have check Medion site and my bios is updated, I don’t know how to disinstall old c++, but I have found where I can download it (but it seems it’s a shareware, 30days trial, program), but they say I need to update to sp2, I keep well with sp1
http://www.microsoft.com/italy/msdn/prodotti/vs2005/editions/download/vc.mspx
I can’t find my c++ or microsoft visual in my control panel and not even in my programs folder to disinstall it

I have problems only with this mpg, others seem ok