Microsoft unveils new ways to buy/upgrade to vista

vbimport

I just posted the article Microsoft unveils new ways to buy/upgrade to vista.

Microsoft has announced pricing for upgrades to Vista Operating System with a new method known called Windows Anytime Upgrade. Unlike previous versions of Windows, all versions of Vista will…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/12890-Microsoft-unveils-new-ways-to-buy_upgrade-to-vista.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/12890-Microsoft-unveils-new-ways-to-buy_upgrade-to-vista.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

3rd paragraph last sentence, is the word note supposed to be not?

IMHO…Vista is way overpriced for what you are getting in comparison to XP. Even in the upgrade scenario. Especially considering I can buy XP Pro with MCE 2005 for 109 dollars OEM. Also, the assorted versions are annoying. Ultimate is the only version worth the hassle of an upgrade from XP but…it is just not tempting enough for me to buy. Frankly, I think I can stay with XP for quite some time. I suppose gamers may want DirectX 10-but I am no gamer. As if the price of the OS is not outlandish enough, MS is really pushing for folks to “upgrade” both their OS and their office suite at one crack! No thanks, I can’t see it. Maybe they forget there is no middle class any more in the US and they must also think everyone is flush with cash.

Those prices would look OK if I wanted to upgrade from a Norton Commander shell :B But even if they were MSRP for retail boxes, I’d have had very hard time to justify spending $200 for just an OS. Oh, sorry M$, its not ‘‘just’’ no mo, it now comes with DRM. :wink: p.s. I’ll stick to Atari Pong for my gaming needs :+

fatwallet.com/c/18/ threads on getting Vista cheap dudes! 1) Expired, but there was an official MS website up where you could have watched webcasts for free, then get Vista + Office free. 2) Maybe expired - Ready to Launch 2007 conferences around the USA. Sign up and get Office 2007 for free for attending. 3) Threads on buying XP cheap

Vista = yawn.

No wonder so many people pirate MS stuff. The price is absolute nonsense and unafordable to the average person, especially a student. You can buy the whole physical computer for the cost of the ultimate version. Vista can shove it. XP will be good for the next 5 years. And why people play games on computers still is beyond me, cuz the games always suck, and the issues are always annoying. Go buy an Xbox if you want to play games.

1)Warcraft III is the greatest game ever produced and, sorry, its only on PC. 2) Xbox “is” a PC. A PC for dummies basically, for those who don’t know how to update graphics drivers and tweak their own computer for the best performance. 3) PC games offer precision control by offering mouse supports in most games and sharper graphics. However, if you have thousands and thousands of dollars to spend on an Xbox 360 + HDTV + $60 games you could conceivably match the visual beauty todays latest PC games. 4) PC can be updated incrementally as technology moves forward. Consoles cant. 5) PC can double as home entertainment center for watching movies, listening to music, backing up music, movies, vidoes, photos, documents, etc. Im sure I could go on but Im tired now…

I prefer the games on PC over console. If you want to play sports games you need a console. If you like FPS and real time Strategy games the PC is where it is at. Just depends on what you like to play. Plus it is easier for me to take my PC to a LAN party than a console and HDTV.

1)Warcraft III is the greatest game ever produced and, sorry, its only on PC. 2) Xbox “is” a PC. A PC for dummies basically, for those who don’t know how to update graphics drivers and tweak their own computer for the best performance. 3) PC games offer precision control by offering mouse supports in most games and sharper graphics. However, if you have thousands and thousands of dollars to spend on an Xbox 360 + HDTV + $60 games you could conceivably match the visual beauty todays latest PC games. 4) PC can be updated incrementally as technology moves forward. Consoles cant. 5) PC can double as home entertainment center for watching movies, listening to music, backing up music, movies, vidoes, photos, documents, etc. Im sure I could go on but Im tired now…

One of these days, when I need to get a new computer, I might have to make the transition over to MAC. $200 for a OS? It is looking prettier all the time.

1)Warcraft III is the greatest game ever produced and, sorry, its only on PC.
just quitted playing it on my powerbook :B

20 Q & A on Windows Vista Content Protection - Twenty Questions (and Answers) by Dave Marsh - Lead Program Manager for Video in Vista. http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/windowsvista/archive/2007/01/20/windows-vista-content-protection-twenty-questions-and-answers.aspx