Microsoft to push another Windows Update to users … whether you want it or not

Back in September of 2007 Microsoft carried out what I and many others at the time considered to be a pretty big breach of trust and pushed a stealth update for the Windows Update mechanism. What’s wrong with that, you might ask? Well, as it turned out the update disrupted some Windows XP users ability to repair their installation. Not good, and precisely the reason why there are some people who like to know exactly what is being installed on their systems, and control when that happens.

Link: http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=2413

:cool::cool:

platinumsword: thanks for the link :slight_smile:

Two words … Install Linux :stuck_out_tongue:

One word…[B]YES[/B]

Zero words …

First and last time you’ll ever catch me speechless :iagree:

Zero words …

First and last time you’ll ever catch me speechless :iagree:

debro is so speechless, he has to tell us twice! :stuck_out_tongue:

One of these days one of these day windows will be updated right of most computers.

[QUOTE=samlar;2113926]One of these days one of these day windows will be updated right of most computers.[/QUOTE]

LMAO…like when have they considered endusers more important then their bottowm line?? They are messing up XP so endusers will have to switch to Vista Bloated ware…cause they don’t want endusers to wait for windows 7.

I simply leave Microsoft Updates either turned off or set to manual.

PLATINUMSWORD
That’s why my brother n law tells me all the time if microsoft has
an update you can be sure it will cause a crash. I wonder if the update only effects older versions from repairs like xp,windows 2000
etc. or it also causes problems for vista.
ZAP.

[QUOTE=zap em;2115271]PLATINUMSWORD
That’s why my brother n law tells me all the time if microsoft has
an update you can be sure it will cause a crash. I wonder if the update only effects older versions from repairs like xp,windows 2000
etc. or it also causes problems for vista.
ZAP.[/QUOTE]

Probably some where in between there zap…

[QUOTE=slytrans69;2115248]I simply leave Microsoft Updates either turned off or set to manual.[/QUOTE]
Reading the post, if you set it to manual, it will still install :stuck_out_tongue: