Microsoft to make it harder to install alternative OS on Windows 10 computers

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Microsoft to make it harder to install alternative OS on Windows 10 computers[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2016/07/windows-10-secure-boot-640x400-95x75.png[/newsimage]

Microsoft is reportedly making it harder to install an alternative operating system on computers that run Windows 10 using an OEM license. The company will allow PC manufacturers to no longer include a setting that allows users to disable Secure Boot in UEFI.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-make-harder-install-alternative-os-windows-10-computers-79810/](http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-make-harder-install-alternative-os-windows-10-computers-79810/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

That is interesting considering Microsoft does not use the secure boot feature in-house themselves. This became evident after the BSOD issue hit Windows users with the feature active a few months back :Z

I don’t quite understand what this article is about, this story and news came out in early 2015!!! Where have you been living for the last 15 months?

A few confusion here?

The slide states that it’s up to the PC manufacturer to include a setting to turn off Secure Boot. Microsoft previously required PC manufacturers to allow users to disable Secure Boot, something that now appears to become optional.
So what if this is home built does that mean the motherboard manufacture will screw us over as well?

Microsoft also states on the slide that computers running an OEM license of Windows 10 will have to come with Secure Boot enabled by default.
This will make it harder for PC makers to sell complete system when people find out about this. They be like you can hit the road jack. I’ll be keeping my old system.

Users who experiment with alternative operating systems will no longer be able to start their computer if Secure Boot can’t be disabled. This likely affects only a small group of tech savvy users, but it does limit what they can do with a device they own.
Not everyone wants Window10, MS is going to shoot themselves in the foot again or get Foot-in-Mouth Disease again. This will make a run to buy used computer with Windows8.1 or Windows7-does MS think people are that stupid now???

Hey M$.  I own  the computer not you so go take a  jump.Â

more people will use a pirated version of windows 10

M$ should manufacture their own pc hardware exclusive for Windoze leaving the rest of the OEM world alone! OEMs then can sell Linux based flavours without fears…

I think it’s high time MS goes their own way.

[QUOTE=Millennium12;2777195]M$ should manufacture their own pc hardware exclusive for Windoze leaving the rest of the OEM world alone! OEMs then can sell Linux based flavours without fears…

I think it’s high time MS goes their own way.[/QUOTE]
This is why people will look for W7, W8.1 machine and not have to deal with MS crapware.

Don’t most people who would install an OS from scratch wipe the hard drive first (and do a clean install). Does secure boot even work if you do that? IE burn a DVD ISO of the OS you want, boot off it, and do a clean install on a freshly formatted drive?