Microsoft to end Windows 8 support in two years

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Microsoft to end Windows 8 support in two years[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2012/11/mycewindows8.jpg[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-to-end-windows-8-support-in-two-years-69243/

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I think the 6 users of the world’s greatest OS won’t have a problem with this deadline.

(Just kidding. I’m sure there are twice that many.)

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2705581]I think the 6 users of the world’s greatest OS won’t have a problem with this deadline.

(Just kidding. I’m sure there are twice that many.)[/QUOTE]

There are all the Microsoft employees who were probably forced to use W8 computers and those Surface tablets. Except for the ones who were using iPads prior to the robbery…

Yes, and we’ve seen screen-shots of MS engineers and programmers with full blown Start Button menu-ing systems, too.

I think you guys are underestimating the numbers of Win 8 users. :slight_smile:

They number in the tens of millions now, and the operating system is probably closing in on 10% of the market by now. Granted, many are using Start8 or Classic Shell or Start is Back, but Win 8 is here to stay. And you should expect Win 9 to follow its path…it won’t look even remotely like Win 7.

Microsoft needs a strong presence in mobile devices, and for better or worse, Win 8/8.1 is their mainstream development in those lines.

At least for now we can adjust the way this operating system works, and concentrate on its desktop capabilities if we so wish. And it does shine there…I’ve found it to be fast, stable and no effort to use once I’ve set it to my preferences.

I wonder if we’ll be able to say the same about future operating systems from Microsoft though.

I also remember three years ago when MS said that they were ending XP support very soon.
Of course they had more users than W8.

The author assumes there are enterprises actually migrating to Win 8 ! Win 8 is being skipped over by enterprises, Vista style.

This has to be the dumbest and most deceptive headline of all time.

Windows 8 support doesn’t end for 10 years, in 2023. The only provision is that you need to upgrade to 8.1 in two years, and that’s free. In two years, no one will still be using 8.0.

$hizzle, i celebrated too early…

Jeez, let this crap come to an end. :smiley:

(I’m still laughing at the pot calling “the dumbest” when it comes to kettle-dom.)

“I’ll give you my Win7 when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.”

~ Duke Nukem