Microsoft Surface 2 official video shows start menu you won’t get

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Microsoft Surface 2 official video shows start menu you won’t get[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2013/09/myce-surface-windows-start-menu-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

In an announcement video of the Surface 2 tablet, Microsoft accidentally showed a start menu that will never make it into future versions of Windows.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-surface-2-official-video-shows-start-menu-you-wont-get-68884/](http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-surface-2-official-video-shows-start-menu-you-wont-get-68884/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

They also squelched Ballmer’s reasons for this - “I bet Windows is now 51% faster!”

Then, someone told him, “Yes, sir. Now, just type out WIN at the C: Prompt. Yes, sir, right there… type a W… then an I… N… now, press ENTER. And the new Windows will appear. We’re calling it Win3110, but someone left off the Zero for the moment, Sir. It will be your legacy.”

I wonder why they made it since they have no intention of ever releasing it.

Boy, I though removing the Start Menu was the biggest mistake M$ could ever make. However, I can’t even begin to contemplate the mind of someone who would go through all the trouble of adding this start menu, and releasing footage of it BY MISTAKE. I’m not exactly knowledgeable about how to write a source code, but it seems to me that adding a Start Menu on purpose would be difficult (reviewing, testing, debugging…). The fact that someone did this “on accident” seems way too unlikely for me.

Well, the Start Menu still exists in the File Structure, and it’s still completely referenced in the Registry - or at least, the comparable entries are there like XP, V and Win7.

Microsoft simply refuses to let the applet that displays it exist. But obviously it HAS existed.

It’s like their ultimate backdoor escape route - “If all else fails!” But it also opens up all the 3rd Party offerings. I just don’t know why, though. Why other with giving those groups such a tiny nibble? Is this some enticement into the WinStore World of transaction and usage tracking?

They are completely nuts.

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2701470]Why [B]other [/B]with giving those groups such a tiny nibble? Is this some enticement into the WinStore World of transaction and usage tracking?[/QUOTE]

TYPO CORRECTION:

This sentence should read: “Why [B]BOTHER[/B] with giving those groups…”

Sheesh… early morning fingers. Just washed them. Can’t do a thing with 'em. And I think REAL’s presenting a good idea.

[QUOTE=aiolos;2701435]I wonder why they made it since they have no intention of ever releasing it.[/QUOTE]

Maybe the engineers built it for themselves strictly for internal use so they didn’t have to use Metro.

[I]Spit laff… [/I]

Oh yes. Exactly. “We’re busy loading up so many versions of so many programs - we just want to quickly read the list of them! We don’t want to scroll thru pages of blocks. We did that when we were 2 - we’d like to progress to something else!”

The original Metro?

Ballmer’s design team tried to memorialize him with severely rounded tops, but people kept mistaking that design for Vincent Price in 1968’s BATMAN episode.

Humpty Dumpty might be the better Ballmer memorial.

This is why I shall stick with Windows 7