Microsoft suffers from sustained mail issues – Windows Live Mail and Windows Phone 8.1 users affected

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Microsoft suffers from sustained mail issues – Windows Live Mail and Windows Phone 8.1 users affected[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/10/Outlook16Mac_featured-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

Users of Microsoft’s mail client like Windows Live mail suffer from issues with synchronising and sending mail since last Tuesday night. Solving the issues takes longer than the software giant expected.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-suffers-from-sustained-mail-issues-windows-live-mail-and-windows-phone-8-1-users-affected-75679/](http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-suffers-from-sustained-mail-issues-windows-live-mail-and-windows-phone-8-1-users-affected-75679/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I’ve been one of those affected.
Seems OK now though.
Mine actually started Monday night.
I thought it was an ISP problem since I switched ISP’s just last Friday.
When I contacted them they told me they were working on it & had several complaints. I guess is was MS that had the problem.

If Microsoft offered the Windows Mail client that was in Vista for $20.- $30. USD and allowed a single license to be installed on a desktop AND a laptop, I’d buy it in a heartbeat. Sure, I use Outlook from Office for e-mail, but I’d like something simpler and as elegant in it’s simplicity as Windows Mail. I have no desire to use the “cloud” for my e-mail or anything else, for that matter.

If Microsoft offered the Windows Mail client that was in Vista for $20.- $30. USD and allowed a single license to be installed on a desktop AND a laptop, I’d buy it in a heartbeat. Sure, I use Outlook from Office for e-mail, but I’d like something simpler and as elegant in it’s simplicity as Windows Mail. I have no desire to use the “cloud” for my e-mail or anything else, for that matter.

Microsoft is not the only one making us suffer…My 4 email addresses in GMXmail is not working either. Not sure if it is GMX at fault or Virginmedia uk. Not getting any mail since about 5 days now. Is there something going on they not telling us about.?

Windows 10 is causing problems with Windows Live Mail which won’t verify my password and won’t let me send or receive mail. Have changed password, rebooted and done a Windows Life Essential repair but still have problem. Can still get mail from same account through browser and iphone. BT says it is getting lots of these complaints now and I’ll have to wait till Windows Live Mail updates to cope with Windows 10. Not impressive.

I have just upgraded to windows 10 and found I have problems with windows live. I cannot see any of my contacts or send emails. I can receive emails but their contents will not display. Surely microsoft ensured their own products work together properly before inflicting them on the general public!

Hi :slight_smile:
I haven’t suffered any of the above problems with either Windows 8.1 (note update 2) or Windows 10.
The latter being an insider release.
Why am I posting?
Just saying there is something out there that works.
Just a case of whether or not your mobile is able to take these releases.
For those interested is the insider bit, but worried about screwing stuff up.
The Windows Phone Recovery Tool will restore the phone back to original software.
This tool is an easy way to check if your mobile is using the latest (safe) software too.