Microsoft sued for data loss and damage to PC due to Windows 10 upgrade

A class of American Windows 7 users have sued Microsoft because the free upgrade to Windows 10 resulted in data loss and damage to the computer. The users claim the damaged forced them to buy a new computer or pay for repairs.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-sued-data-loss-damage-pc-due-windows-10-upgrade-81782/

They can pry my Windows 7 Ultimate from my cold, dead hands.

No they didn’t! Many people complained about Windows 10 being installed without their consent! This is why I never pay attention to spokes people. I don’t work for Microsoft, and yet I seem to know much more than this person.

[quote=“system, post:1, topic:398028”]If a customer who upgraded during the one year program needed help with the upgrade experience, we had numerous options including free customer support and 31-days to roll back to their old operating system. We believe the plaintiffs’ claims are without merit.”
[/quote]

Having plenty of time to downgrade sounds nice, but what if it takes 32+ days to fix some bug in the downgrading program? That would effectively leave users feeling completely screwed (and pissed)! I hope this lawsuit goes well, because Microsoft deserves it!