Microsoft Store: Like Apple's, but flashier

vbimport

I just posted the article Microsoft Store: Like Apple’s, but flashier.

Earlier rumors about Microsoft imitating Apple’s retail store are reportedly spot on, except that Microsoft’s locations will crank up the pizazz.

Read the full article here: [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/21118-microsoft-store-like-apples-but-flashier.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/21118-microsoft-store-like-apples-but-flashier.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Yet another ripped off idea. Well done MS.

I wish they had A Microsoft Store near me, I would go there in a quick minute, I would pick their brains about everything from advanced Offfice stuff to other questions I have always had.

“…in the form of an answer bar (earlier rumors called it the “Guru Bar,””

Yea right ok.

as long as they don’t employ the freaky limp wristed type that you get in the Apple Stores

Ahh come on rexroach, you like those testosterone challenged individuals. :smiley:

Never been to an Apple store but from the sound of it I am not missing much.

I am not being homophobic but Apple seem to employ some strange people defiantly the phrase :more meat on a butchers pencil’ springs to mine. What is is with nose rings and multaple ear rings anyway

[QUOTE=nicholaspaul;2451995]Yet another ripped off idea. Well done MS.[/QUOTE]
Yep. Apple invented the mouse and GUI. Oh wait! Or did I mean this? Imitation in the computer field is to be expected…:stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2452695]Yep. Apple invented the mouse and GUI. Oh wait! Or did I mean this? Imitation in the computer field is to be expected…:p[/QUOTE]

Actually, I think Xerox invented the GUI style OS and mouse IIRC.

[QUOTE=shaolin007;2452981]Actually, I think Xerox invented the GUI style OS and mouse IIRC.[/QUOTE]

From Ask.com
In 1964, the first prototype computer mouse was made to use with a graphical user interface (GUI), ‘windows’. Douglas Engelbart received a patent for the wooden shell with two metal wheels (computer mouse U.S. Patent # 3,541,541) in 1970, describing it in the patent application as an “X-Y position indicator for a display system.” “It was nicknamed the mouse because the tail came out the end,” Engelbart revealed about his invention.

“Like Apples with no lineups”

And MS would try to spin that in a positive light…

[QUOTE=BradWright;2453041]From Ask.com
In 1964, the first prototype computer mouse was made to use with a graphical user interface (GUI), ‘windows’. Douglas Engelbart received a patent for the wooden shell with two metal wheels (computer mouse U.S. Patent # 3,541,541) in 1970, describing it in the patent application as an “X-Y position indicator for a display system.” “It was nicknamed the mouse because the tail came out the end,” Engelbart revealed about his invention.[/QUOTE]
Telefunken was slightly faster :slight_smile:
http://www.netclique.net/oldmouse/mouse/misc/telefunken.shtml

Michael

I stand corrected. LOL for both responses.

[QUOTE=shaolin007;2452981]Actually, I think Xerox invented the GUI style OS and mouse IIRC.[/QUOTE]
Click the links…