Microsoft stops OEM sales of Windows 7 and Windows 8 licenses

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Microsoft stops OEM sales of Windows 7 and Windows 8 licenses[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2014/12/myce-windows-7-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

Microsoft has officially stopped selling Windows 7 Professional and Windows 8 licenses for OEMs. From now on new laptops will only be sold with Windows 10 pre-installed.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-stops-oem-sales-windows-7-windows-8-licenses-80800/](http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-stops-oem-sales-windows-7-windows-8-licenses-80800/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Good, now everyone will be using Windows 10 as they should be, its a way more stable OS, and much easier to use. It has fantastic features and its just a plain better OS than any other that MS has had in the past.:wink:

good move. perhaps now more laptops and desktops will have Linux pre-installed! at least you know it isn;t throwing every possible bit of information about you, back to the manufacturer. and if it was found to be doing that, it would cease to be in a heart beat!

[QUOTE=alan1476;2783124]Good, now everyone will be using Windows 10 as they should be, its a way more stable OS, and much easier to use. It has fantastic features and its just a plain better OS than any other that MS has had in the past.;)[/QUOTE]
One though assume people want to that is another different story.

What I fail to understand is Microsoft isn’t waiting for positive customer experience to create a maddening demand for Windows 10 - as it did for Windows 7? Instead, acting like a bullying tyrant, Microsoft has used every means possible to “force” Windows 10 down everyone’s throat. If it’s all that great - why force - why be so under-handed about pushing it on customers? Sort of reminds me when I went into Circuit City and they arrogantly refused to sell anything but Windows Vista? Best Buy provided other options. Circuit City also arrogantly refused to sell VHS players when they were still viable. Best Buy not only sold VHS players, but a VHS to DVD converter - bought it! Later, I had to laugh, Circuit City sold stacks of VHS players during their “Going Out Of Business” sale. That sort of taught me that business is about giving the customer what “they” want - but Microsoft has the notion that what their corporation wants is the only important thing?

[QUOTE=alan1476;2783124]Good, now everyone will be using Windows 10 as they should be, its a way more stable OS, and much easier to use. It has fantastic features and its just a plain better OS than any other that MS has had in the past.;)[/QUOTE]

I would have to disagree on that
I don’t believe it is [U]more[/U] stable and it’s not easier to use for everyone.
I also did not see any Fantastic Features for [B]ME[/B]
And not everyone will be using it just because Microsoft wants us to, as I have said I still use my Stable Windows XP :iagree: :smiley:

alan1476, you are so right. The way it unexpectedly installed itself on my wife’s HP all-in-one was just awesome. The way it slows down from time to time gives my wife time to pause, reflect and curse me for not taking better care of her computer.

bean55, note the :wink:
pretty sure he was joking / being sarcastic. I sure am ! :slight_smile:

Ivid, don’t forget about the fact that Microsoft can keep track of everything you do, Every breath you take, every move you make, every bond you break, every step you take. They’ll be watching you! Yay corporate cyber-stalkers!

Also, don’t forget about the awesome updates you get to install… whether you want to or not!

Gotta love that Edge Browser!

Of course, you’ve got to love sarcasm better! The not-so-serious gods of computer text have said so.