Microsoft spies on all your Windows 8 installs - badly encrypted

[QUOTE=cholla;2651772]MS now stands for MicroSpy .
I turned Defender off a long time ago . There are much better alternatives.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I stopped using Defender a very long time ago myself, as for ‘MicroSpy’ is that a real surprise to anyone, as stated else where-> “Microsoft is the central point of authority and data collection/retention here and therefore becomes vulnerable to being served judicial subpoenas or National Security Letters intended to monitor targeted users”.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2651850] as for ‘MicroSpy’ is that a real surprise to anyone [/QUOTE]
That was posted with my tongue in my cheek .
Not with my mouth open in suprise.

[QUOTE=voxsmart;2651626]This is just another reason not no use Windows 8. It seems M$ is deliberately trying not to sell 8?[/QUOTE]
Oh well, I was still thinking about if I should upgrade to Win8 or not, but now they won! I totally I’m NOT buying it now… How many screw-ups can you have in one single OS release! M$ is definitely working hard to annoy EVERYONE and turn away possible new customers!

Actually there IS an app store in the making, it’s currently called “Windows Store Preview” and it should be officially online as “http://apps.microsoft.com” after the official release of Win8. You can check one the current products in the shape of the new MS Fresh Paint to get a hint of the style and direction they’re taking.

I won’t waste my time on windows 8. i see no benefit and i’m sick of all of microsofts little games.

I’d just do what people above like Kerry56 have suggested, turn off the stuff Microsoft uses that could be used to spy on you, and you’re set.

[QUOTE=whatever_gong82;2652102]I’d just do what people above like Kerry56 have suggested, turn off the stuff Microsoft uses that could be used to spy on you, and you’re set.[/QUOTE]Same here whatever_gong82 and i leave it at that and am very happy with windows 8 on my desk top pc.:wink: