Microsoft’s new speech recognition software is as accurate as humans

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Microsoft’s new speech recognition software is as accurate as humans[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2015/11/myce-cortana-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

New speech recognition software from Microsoft is able to recognize words just as good as humans, researchers from the software giant write in a report. The system is able to transcript a conversation between two humans while making less mistakes than a human would do.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/microsofts-new-speech-recognition-software-accurate-humans-80704/](http://www.myce.com/news/microsofts-new-speech-recognition-software-accurate-humans-80704/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Considering how the human Microsoft never listens to the Windows Testers they think this glossing over will tell people anything different? WE don’t listen we are of one mind of the BORG… :Z

I don’t use Edge or Cortana. The only reason I use Windows at all is the availability of mass amounts of software. Linux is OK but realistically after all these years is still not ready for prime time. Too many distros.

[QUOTE=jeffreyp;2782421]Linux is OK but realistically after all these years is still not ready for prime time. Too many distros.[/QUOTE]It missed the boat long time ago when MS was still trying to get out of it’s Shell. And after that Windows never looked back. The fault is Linux itself Windows had nothing to do with their down fall.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2782426]It missed the boat long time ago when MS was still trying to get out of it’s Shell. And after that Windows never looked back. The fault is Linux itself Windows had nothing to do with their down fall.[/QUOTE]

True… However I would be using Linux exclusively if I didn’t have to do some serious messing around with the configuration. I come from back in the days when the Amiga was top notch. My employer was Stanford Labs. The Amiga out shined every other platform back in the day. Stanford used them to the hilt for graphics and other applications. I really don’t want to waste time like I did in the 80’s and 90’s at my age dicking with OS configurations. Been there, done that. We had XT’s, AT’s and (cough) Macs. Both were extremely sub par for our use. The Atari came close. Still, no cigar

[QUOTE=jeffreyp;2782428]True… However I would be using Linux exclusively if I didn’t have to do some serious messing around with the configuration. I come from back in the days when the Amiga was top notch. My employer was Stanford Labs. The Amiga out shined every other platform back in the day. Stanford used them to the hilt for graphics and other applications. I really don’t want to waste time like I did in the 80’s and 90’s at my age dicking with OS configurations. Been there, done that. We had XT’s, AT’s and (cough) Macs. Both were extremely sub par for our use. The Atari came close. Still, no cigar[/QUOTE]
That’s fine no one will punish you for doing that. I used the Amiga and Atari I was like you in the days…but had to forgo what I wanted to do to use something that could put food on the table… :frowning: Wished Amiga lived on but that can’t currently happened. But oh well we can dream…

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2782429]That’s fine no one will punish you for doing that. I used the Amiga and Atari I was like you in the days…but had to forgo what I wanted to do to use something that could put food on the table… :frowning: Wished Amiga lived on but that can’t currently happened. But oh well we can dream…[/QUOTE]
I was just using the emulator, “Amiga Forever.” Arkanoid may be primitive but still fun to play. The 2 channel 8 bit audio was state of the art back then. Commodore killed the Amiga. I used to talk with Jay Minor (The father of the Amiga) back in the day. His wife answered the phone one day and told me Jay had passed away. Curse Jay for selling the Amiga to Commodore! J/K Jay was a well grounded nice guy. RIP
Jeff

Guys, you know what, the first time I saw that Cortana girl with my own eyes, I thought she was a ghost…Am I the only one having this weird feeling? :bigsmile: Anyway, I upgraded to Win 10 when the Anniversary thing came out, but one week later, I went back to my Win 7 Ultimate…too many bugs still hide everywhere in Win 10…:bigsmile:

I’m sure that will make it easy for Microsoft to transcribe everything that every person near a computer says… whether they want their conversations recorded or not.