Microsoft’s marketing to fully focus on Apple the coming year

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Microsoft’s marketing to fully focus on Apple the coming year[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2016/10/myce-microsoft-apple3-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

Confidential Microsoft marketing slides show that the company will focus on convincing consumers that Windows 10 PCs are better than Apple computers. The primary message: “New Windows PCs DO what Macs (& your old PCs) don’t”.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/microsofts-marketing-fully-focus-apple-coming-year-80766/](http://www.myce.com/news/microsofts-marketing-fully-focus-apple-coming-year-80766/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I had a Surface Pro 3 that I loved but it was stolen in the hospital when I had my heart operation. I loved it.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2782842]I had a Surface Pro 3 that I loved but it was stolen in the hospital when I had my heart operation. I loved it.[/QUOTE]
Not good either way but Surface is like a sub that got sank…

Microsoft is following the same trends as everyone else, while trying to pretend they are doing something new and original. If it looks like stupidity, sounds like stupidity, and acts like stupidity, it probably is. Here’s my opinion, in sarcasm form:

[sarcasm]
Oh boy, they’re trying to make higher resolutions! I wish others would do that!
Oh boy, fast devices! I wish others would do that!
Oh boy, they’re making “modern devices”! Gee, how original is that?!
[/sarcasm]

The primary message: “New Windows PCs DO what Macs (& your old PCs) don’t”.
The market share has born this out - what they should to is innovate and make a better O/S not W8 and W10 debacle. Have it where when you install it can look like W7 or W10 or W10 w/o Tiles. How hard is it for them to do that — not very hard but they make it harder then it would be.

We can also make up from the slides that Microsoft’s marketing has decided to focus on different audiences in each quarter of this year.
This plan will not work. They need to focus “Focus” on improving and listening for once to Testers on what needs to really be fixed on Windows 10 and keep improving Microsoft Office. These two are the bread and butter how can they not get their heads out between their legs??? They don’t need to focus on different audiences make a Product that work and they will come - that’s how you win the market shares. Not listening and ram roding W10 down users throat is two big fail to start with. Also listening to the Testers that tested and used Win10 would’ve gurantee them an ever bigger market share but oh no they called those Testers “Dumb” and have no idea what they are talking about. This really doesn’t help their effort to get W10 accepted. And just look at market shares W7 still is the TOP DOG even after W8 was to replace it? That in itself should tell the CEO what made W7 better and why can’t we not do in W10 as we did in W7? Guess he is also keeping his head between his legs and where the shine don’t shine either. That how you drive your company to the ground. But you know they said they are “Smarter” then the rest of US-I am like really then why isn’t W10 in the 50% range yet? W7 got accepted quickly withing the year it was released once users tried it-that is how you know something “Excellent” W7 was. Maybe now we have to wait for Windows 2020 to bring back the W7 Experience.

coolcolors, I think I second an earlier poster, you complain too much :wink:

Where would I be, even with my current personal troubles, if I didn’t choose to see the challenge rather than the problem? Nowhere!
That some companies choose not to listen is their problem, my challenge and it drives me forward, to work around and become better.
If I had three months left to live, should I sit down and mourn my life too short or should I make the most of whatever is left of it? Me thinks the latter and so draw your sword, choose the challenge and not the problem. There are enough dogs barking up the tree :wink:

[QUOTE=Xercus;2782911]coolcolors, I think I second an earlier poster, you complain too much :wink:

Where would I be, even with my current personal troubles, if I didn’t choose to see the challenge rather than the problem? Nowhere!
That some companies choose not to listen is their problem, my challenge and it drives me forward, to work around and become better.
If I had three months left to live, should I sit down and mourn my life too short or should I make the most of whatever is left of it? Me thinks the latter and so draw your sword, choose the challenge and not the problem. There are enough dogs barking up the tree ;)[/QUOTE]
Amen. :wink:

I was under the impression that the only reason Mac’s are more secure is they are a much smaller piece of the PC market.  IE way more PC’s are windows based, and thus a much bigger target.

I think Mac’s are probably the smallest issue when it comes to declining PC Sales.  PC Technology has somewhat plateau’d. If you’re not gaming or video editing, PCs/Laptops don’t need to be upgraded nearly as often.  Lots of people (especially the technically challenged) have moved to tablets/phones only.

I think Microsoft has a problem.  One they don’t get the issues above. 2nd they keep slightly missing the mark on their OS’s because they don’t build them for the core audience that still uses them.  Win10 isn’t a bad OS, but they introduced stuff that logs your activity and try to force their store on you.  All things that could be easily fixed and make the OS more attractive.

Whatever the case focusing on Apple isn’t going to get them more market from Apple. If they want to strengthen their O/S Listening is a start. Going after Apple when iOS isn’t Windows O/S is a dead end run. Apple has a niche market and Windows hates Apple because they got the iPhone and Windows has no wPhone. They are trying to hard to push their Windows Store they forgot what made people want to have Windows. That’s the strategy they should get back to basic that everyone wanted to be like Windows and Office. Rants for all their wants are legit because if they wanted a accepted product they were thinking inside the Apple Box and not outside of the Windows window to make the product more better and accepted. That isn’t a hard strategy to do and make happen.