Microsoft’s digital assistant Cortana will start scanning emails to remind you of appointments

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Microsoft’s digital assistant Cortana will start scanning emails to remind you of appointments[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2015/11/myce-cortana-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

A new feature of Microsoft’s digital assistant Cortana scans emails to remind you of appointments. The feature was added to the last Windows 10 Insider build.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/microsofts-digital-assistant-cortana-will-start-scanning-emails-to-remind-you-of-appointments-78469/](http://www.myce.com/news/microsofts-digital-assistant-cortana-will-start-scanning-emails-to-remind-you-of-appointments-78469/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

And whom gets a copy of your email after scanning it?

so no data is send to Microsoft’s servers, the company promises.
And we are suppose to believe this

Who would have thought that such comments would surface in a thread like this? When Microsoft say they will not harvest any data, it has to be true? ehrm… :bigsmile:

Come to think about it, they do try to harvest all keys pressed on your keyboard already, all URLs visited and so maybe they don’t need to do just this as it would mean duplicating the data in their possession :stuck_out_tongue:

On a serious note though, they have more than a few miles to go to regain even the slightest credibility in this respect and so they only get comments according to own practices which is fair.

so how do you turn it off??? Â i don’t recall seeing any notification that it was turned on…

I’m going to take a guess and say Microsoft is telling the truth. I’m willing to bet there is no email-related spyware in Cortana at the moment. I’m also willing to bet that there are place holders for Microsoft to add several “improvement”, “analytics”, and “telemetric” code in future “security updates.” This would be a logical move for Microsoft: people using network monitoring tools will not see Corana misbehaving, and will be lured into a false sense of security. People will be sceptic now, but in a few months, the NSA Microsoft will be reading your emails like there’s no tomorrow.

I’m going to take a guess and say Microsoft is telling the truth. I’m willing to bet there is no email-related spyware in Cortana at the
moment. I’m also willing to bet that there are place holders for Microsoft to add several “improvement”, “analytics”, and "telemetric"
code in future “security updates.” This would be a logical move for Microsoft: people using network monitoring tools will not see Corana misbehaving, and will be lured into a false sense of security. People will be sceptic now, but in a few months, the NSA Microsoft will be reading your emails like there’s no tomorrow.

Point here is …
… MS is bringing AI into reading [B]all[/B] your emails - not just the typed ones but also what you receive.

They really now have their sniffer dogs between your balls :slight_smile:

That’s so cool…no more back doors I’ll just had over a copy of my emails right over to NSA/CIA/DHS without a prayer and a thought… :Z