Microsoft’s browser market share is fading away

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Microsoft’s browser market share is fading away[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2015/09/microsoft-edge-logo-95x75.png[/newsimage]

Microsoft’s browsers Internet Explorer and Edge continue to decline in popularity, Edge can’t even make up for the number of users that stop using Internet Explorer. The latest numbers of market analyst Netmarketshare show how Microsoft’s browsers continue to lose users.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/microsofts-browser-market-share-fading-away-80587/](http://www.myce.com/news/microsofts-browser-market-share-fading-away-80587/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Didn’t this start when they prematurely shut off support for older versions of IE? The users got a choice of going to IE11 for supported operating systems.
Then, they introduced a [U]second[/U] browser and so they lost even more to mainly Chrome apart from last month when there was a substantial rise for FireFox…

Personally it does not matter as IE has been blocked from accessing the net since Windows XP (and now even Edge) and so they both work as my offline browsers only.
Still in my opinion, it seems Microsoft have been doing a lot of bad decisions lately. The next bad move is their new UWP Explorer found in the insider-program, from what I can tell, a move to get more people to adopt what first started as Metro apps, later Universal apps and now Universal Windows Apps. A new entry-point and a little gimmick can’t hide their deeper wishes for a glorious Windows store which is seemingly their entire point :Z

I would be surprised if Edge [B]didn’t[/B] have a decreasing market share. That would indicate Microsoft actually having released a proper, working browser, something they haven’t done since 2004.
By the way, I still use IE6 and 5.5 occasionally (I sense heads exploding :D).

[QUOTE=Xercus;2781727]A new entry-point and a little gimmick can’t hide their deeper wishes for a glorious Windows store which is seemingly their entire point :Z[/QUOTE]
I think it’s on life support as it is now. IE was good but to kill IE thinking users will say oh ok I just use Edge. That is a non-starter to begin with all the other browsers users can choose from. Killing a good IE browser thinking user will force to Edge is what I call “In the box thinking” thinking that is “outside of the box” thinking of which it is totally NOT. IE for it’s fault actually worked and I have IE11 and FF49 both I switch from and use as some sites display and print better in one then the other. Also I believe those stats sites as much as I can (&(*& in the toilet and flush it down. Since we have no idea how they got those numbers or what the sources with I take that with a Grain of Salt rubbed hard in open/sore wounds. Safari taking the lead oh, please… it’s O/S department is playing distant Second to Windows O/S so that leads me to believe they are using very vague number to make their case and bolster their numbers.

“There are less users switching to Edge”

There are fewer users switching to Edge. There, fixed.

I still like IE, but if I’m downloading from Deposit Files and can’t afford to have the browser crash, I use Chrome.

[QUOTE=DukeNukem;2781821]“There are less users switching to Edge”

There are fewer users switching to Edge. There, fixed.

I still like IE, but if I’m downloading from Deposit Files and can’t afford to have the browser crash, I use Chrome.[/QUOTE]
For those kinda of downloads, I use Fee Download Manager a downloader program that can resume and stop when I feel like it.

I didn’t know Edge had any market share to begin with. After all, I’ve never met a single person who uses Edge. Seriously, given Internet Explorer’s negative reputation (which, IMHO, is well-earned), confidence in Microsoft’s ability to make a quality web browser couldn’t possibly be any lower. On top of which, Microsoft has allowed itself to become a puppet for big brother, who wants to know everything about everyone every minute of everyday.