Microsoft’s aggressive upgrade policy boosts Windows 10 marketshare

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Microsoft’s aggressive upgrade policy boosts Windows 10 marketshare[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2016/04/netapp-march-2016-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

Microsoft’s aggressive methods to ‘convince’ Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users to upgrade to Windows 10 pays off, the company’s latest operating system saw its market share grow considerably last month.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/microsofts-aggressive-upgrade-policy-boosts-windows-10-marketshare-79023/](http://www.myce.com/news/microsofts-aggressive-upgrade-policy-boosts-windows-10-marketshare-79023/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

There’s consent, and then there’s informed consent.

Informed consent is the only type which has any validity. If you can’t demonstrate that the person understood what they were consenting to, it will never stand up to legal or professional scrutiny. In many cases one could even be charged with professional misconduct.

Thus by definition informed consent cannot be given accidentally. :iagree:

See you in court Microsoft… :stuck_out_tongue:

I was at loss for a way to express my thoughts, but then you simply summed them up sort of.

Such information can not be taken seriously considering Microsoft’s current eagerness to force Windows 7/8.1 users to upgrade to Windows 10.
The question that immediately springs to mind is how many of those were tricked into upgrading, and how many failed in trying to revert back?

So a 1.3% percent increase in a month is all of a sudden a “considerable” increase when it’s been between 1% and 2% per month since last August?? Considering it went up 2% in January this latest increase is actually quite low compared, a little sensationalism in the article methinks.

Hmm… I was somehow expecting the newest article on here would be a prank, to celebrate April Fool’s day. Perhaps something along the lines of

Yesterday, the United States Congress passed a bill which would permit “unrestrained, decetralyzed distribution” of movies, songs, and all other copyrighted works. Under this new law, which is set to take effect in January 2017, pirate activites will now be legal. US president Barack Obama is expected to sign this bill into law by the end of March.
In any case, Windows 7 still remains the most popular operating system out there. Windows 10 still hasn’t approached 7’s popularity, although it’s definately on it’s way.

[QUOTE=TSJnachos117;2771291]Hmm… I was somehow expecting the newest article on here would be a prank, to celebrate April Fool’s day. Perhaps something along the lines of

In any case, Windows 7 still remains the most popular operating system out there. Windows 10 still hasn’t approached 7’s popularity, although it’s definately on it’s way.[/QUOTE]
That’s sounds good but I hear more people going back from Windows 10 to Windows 7 more often then not. Windows 7 took less then a year to take off once people got realize it wasn’t Vista or XP but something of both and it worked not with XP programs but it was stable and worked.

Still a Windows 10 Hold Out here lol running Win7 Pro.

[QUOTE=SexyTec14;2771343]Still a Windows 10 Hold Out here lol running Win7 Pro.[/QUOTE]
I am on a computer forum and trust me there are far more people that upgrade to Win10 and went back pretty quickly back to Windows 7. And those wanting Win10 I told them go out and buy a Win10 machine instead. And those asking should I go Win10 I am like Your Win7 is still working fine and you want to break it now?

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2771374]And those asking should I go Win10 I am like Your Win7 is still working fine and you want to break it now?[/QUOTE]

In the case of Windows 7, I could not have put that better to words myself, even in my native language :bigsmile: