Microsoft: Rumors are wrong, no update 2 for Windows 8.1

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Microsoft: Rumors are wrong, no update 2 for Windows 8.1[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/04/myce-windows-81-springupdate-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-rumors-are-wrong-no-update-2-for-windows-8-1-72346

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

In other words, expect only minor fixes and necessary security updates, as Microsoft has abandoned any more work on Windows 8 as it prepares for the next operating system.

no its on the way

Windows 8 is dead. Move on and perhaps we will embrace Windows 9. I don’t know about the rest of you folks, but I hug my Windows 7 computers before going to bed each night.

Put the Windows 7 UI onto Windows 8 and I’d buy. As it stands, Windows 8 “is nothing to me now. It’s not a brother, it’s not a friend. I don’t want to know it or what it does.”

I’m pretty happy with my 8.1 Pro for 29.99 €…:bow::bigsmile:

Yes, for $49 + $3 for StartisBack, Windows 8 and 8.1 have been very good operating systems for me. It doesn’t take that much effort to run it like Windows 7.

And who knows, maybe that small investment will get us Windows 9 for free.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2733575]And who knows, maybe that small investment will get us Windows 9 for free.[/QUOTE]

I don’t think so…:disagree:…but of course I would be happy if they did!:iagree:
If they release it @ 29.99 € to get people adapting it,I would gladly fork out that money (after trying the beta 1st,of course :wink: ) if it works good…
But if they gonna hype it and ask the ‘normal’ price for a Pro version,I’ll gladly stay with my win 8.1 for the next few years…:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2733575]Yes, for $49 + $3 for StartisBack, Windows 8 and 8.1 have been very good operating systems for me. It doesn’t take that much effort to run it like Windows 7.

And who knows, maybe that small investment will get us Windows 9 for free.[/QUOTE]

That sounds all good and stuff but I like to worry about only one O/S and the security flaws it have without introducing more flaws from another software into the O/S. If one wants Windows 7 then stick with 7 making W8 look like W7 and saying how good it is tells me it ain’t all that good of a W8 O/S IMHO.

I guess that means users will never see a “real” menu from Microsoft. I guess Microsoft doesn’t want to listen to its own customers until the next release. Then, when people complain about having to pay routine subscription fees, they’ll go back to shoving their fingers in their ears while telling their customers how happy they supposedly are.

IMHO, it’s all malware anyway. Outside my work, I refuse to run Windows pretty much altogether.