Microsoft reverts decision: Technet and MSDN get Windows 8.1 RTM now

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Microsoft reverts decision: Technet and MSDN get Windows 8.1 RTM now[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2012/08/msdnscreen.png[/newsimage]

While Microsoft previously announced that Technet and Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) subscribers would not get early access to Windows 8.1 RTM, it changed its mind.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-reverts-decision-technet-and-msdn-get-windows-8-1-rtm-now-68719/](http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-reverts-decision-technet-and-msdn-get-windows-8-1-rtm-now-68719/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Maybe this change has alot to do with damage control and the bad press the RU hacks and leaks of W8 been getting lately… lmao…

If RTM is not the final version then why call it release to manufacturing?

[QUOTE=CharmedonWB;2699273]If RTM is not the final version then why call it release to manufacturing?[/QUOTE]

It’s called RTM aka Return To Microsoft… lol

RTM and buy the newly released Windows 7.:smiley:

[QUOTE=CharmedonWB;2699273]If RTM is not the final version then why call it release to manufacturing?[/QUOTE]

It seems Microsoft inside is going through some confusion and more power struggle.

I am reminded by the locals there are claims that every Win RTM Release is different from the officially released Win disk.

There were two Win versions that arrived without HP Printer Driver Support because Microsoft sent out RTM versions with a Driver Definition Process that wasn’t the same as the one they’d promulgated to their partners during the Beta Process. Businesses didn’t really enjoy not having HP LaserJet support in those opening weeks.

When Microsoft originally announced that MSDN and their developer partners weren’t worthy of getting the 8.1 RTM version via download, there was some outrage at this apparent insult but, like so many phrases, insults are only effective if you let them be.

And in this case, there was a certain wisdom that dawned, saying “So, finally - Microsoft admits the RTM disk-version is too buggy that they are preventing ALL software developers from screwing up their products and are limiting it to hardware manufacturers only. HW OEMs can more easily test their drivers because they have limited numbers of models to test.”

But now, this reversal - which admittedly was only a week-long delay - has folks more curious than ever. “Is this Download Version a week’s newer product, or is it officially the same RTM version that HW OEMs received? Microsoft wouldn’t necessarily confess, by the way. Who wants to be the first to try?”

I’m still envisioning Wiley Coyote and any one of his numerous plunges off the cliff.

I could use Windows 8, but I’m happy posting this message using Ubuntu!

TSJ, you just wait! When your Surface tablet won’t dance around the picnic tables, can’t do hippity-hoppity spins and fly-by’s, you’ll be REALLY sorry then!

[QUOTE=TSJnachos117;2699453]I could use Windows 8, but I’m happy posting this message using Ubuntu![/QUOTE]

Sad part is Ubuntu will never be able to compete with M$ at their worst…sad fact of life. Ubuntu or it’s likes are to many to truly give M$ a run for their money. And I can guarantee your using Wine to use PC program like office or the likes. Then that begs the question what did you really gain using Ubuntu and then have to emulating M$???