Microsoft reports milestone of 350 million Windows 10 users

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Microsoft reports milestone of 350 million Windows 10 users[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2015/07/myce-windows-10-here-95x75.png[/newsimage]

Microsoft reports that Windows 10 currently has 350 million users, 11 months after the the OS was officially released. The first large update to Microsoft’s latest OS is expected for the 2nd of August this year.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-reports-milestone-350-million-windows-10-users-79800/](http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-reports-milestone-350-million-windows-10-users-79800/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2777040]We’ve just posted the following news: Microsoft reports milestone of 350 million Windows 10 users[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2015/07/myce-windows-10-here-95x75.png[/newsimage]

Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-reports-milestone-350-million-windows-10-users-79800/

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.[/QUOTE]

And yet the biggest NEWS… Windows 7 is still holding the 50% mark… this is news… NOT…

And probably half of those dumped Windows 10 and went to Win7 or Linux… that’s the new they don’t want us to hear right…

LOL, in that time period, I have installed and deleted at least 50 Windows 10 installs. I wonder if they have made correction to encompass this way of working* :wink:
Then the next question, as coolcolors correctly points out, how many stayed with the OS?

In my experience, current Windows 8.1 users get along well in Windows 10 whereas Windows 7 users go dang, shit and can’t really see what is to be gained.

*Earlier I used sandboxed environments, but once some advanced malwares was able to jump out, I changed the routine and use disposable isolated VMs instead whenever doing work on ‘dubious’ files and distributions.

[QUOTE=Xercus;2777050]In my experience, current Windows 8.1 users get along well in Windows 10 whereas Windows 7 users go dang, shit and can’t really see what is to be gained.[/QUOTE]

I installed Windows 8.1 on an HTPC to force myself to get accustomed to it to some degree while continuing to use Windows 7 on all other computers. This has definitely helped me to transition to Windows 10 much easier. There are some things with Windows 10 I don’t like such as how they have restricted the ability to stop some upgrades from occurring. For the most part I am satisfied with it.

The fact is that Windows 7 is getting long in the tooth and hardware support will start to become an issue at some point. Overall, I think Windows 10 is a good OS from MS. Also, it being free to upgrade W7/W8 is worth doing, IMO. If I were paying for every upgrade then I would have left W7 on several computers.

[QUOTE=UTR;2777052]I installed Windows 8.1 on an HTPC to force myself to get accustomed to it to some degree while continuing to use Windows 7 on all other computers. This has definitely helped me to transition to Windows 10 much easier. There are some things with Windows 10 I don’t like such as how they have restricted the ability to stop some upgrades from occurring. For the most part I am satisfied with it.[/QUOTE]The problem is software compatiblity and driver issue not just the O/S there are the drivers that need to be stable to have a stable O/S that will work.

[QUOTE=UTR;2777052]The fact is that Windows 7 is getting long in the tooth and hardware support will start to become an issue at some point. Overall, I think Windows 10 is a good OS from MS. Also, it being free to upgrade W7/W8 is worth doing, IMO. If I were paying for every upgrade then I would have left W7 on several computers.[/QUOTE]The Fact Windows 7 is being use by Corporations and Institutions should tell one all they need to know. Windows 7 is accepted and it’s not going to go away soon. For all the hype of WinX Corporations/Institutions aren’t going to just migrate this is Money$$$ and no one is paying them to do this. Also some software that worked in Win7 will not work well in WinX that is also a fact and if you business relies on those Software working do you want to risk going WinX and having to spend $$ to fix this? I think really doubt it…

I don’t think anyone can say W10 is being rejected by business because it is a bad OS. IMO, businesses make decisions on what is necessary for them to keep operating efficiently, reliably and competitively. If their computers are sufficient to do these things then they keep using what they have. When the time comes for them to switch to a new OS they will likely move to W10 just like they eventually moved to W7 from XP. By then, any driver issues, compatibility etc. will be corrected. Also, this move will likely be done through the purchase of new hardware which will solve many driver, and other, issues by itself. As a business owner I can vouch for W10 being easy to upgrade to from W7 or W8. Plus, every computer I have upgraded has been a trouble free exercise. This doesn’t mean that the user hasn’t been frustrated by having to learn a somewhat different OS. My personal indicator for ease of upgrading is when I did my wife’s laptop. She is a curmudgeon regarding change to her computers. I never heard a peep out of her after the upgrade and I expected all hell to break lose. :eek:

[QUOTE=UTR;2777082]This doesn’t mean that the user hasn’t been frustrated by having to learn a somewhat different OS. My personal indicator for ease of upgrading is when I did my wife’s laptop. She is a curmudgeon regarding change to her computers. I never heard a peep out of her after the upgrade and I expected all hell to break lose. :eek:[/QUOTE]

LOL :bigsmile:
Whoever is the more technical in the family will certainly have the shitstorm coming unless taking special care when upgrading the PCs for other family members. My experience here is almost like yours. I upgraded most machines to 8.1, but I immediately recognized the difference to be too much and so my wife was left behind on Windows 7 until I had tweaked 8.1 to behave and look exactly like Windows 7 with a commercial start-menu alternative which removed the start-screen for a Windows 7 clone.

Now here’s the point: For Windows 10, I did absolutely no tweaks for her machine apart from configuring telemetry the non-destructive way and configuring her start menu with the programs she use most.
I’ve never heard a peep either and I was expecting a magnum opus whining concert lasting at least a couple of days while I configured away what she didn’t like :stuck_out_tongue:
I asked her yesterday what she actually thought of Windows 10 and she said “The start menu is better” hinting towards the programs I had pinned there with a bigger icon. No comment on the OS in other words and so it is crystal clear she really does not notice any difference or I would be the first to know :bigsmile:

Fishy stats for a change?

Perhaps stats/MS is counting users in the household as installations?

Personally I doubt very much people like to install/keep this spyware OS and surrendering all personal rights to MS? - I want to believe…

[QUOTE=Xercus;2777092]LOL :bigsmile:
Whoever is the more technical in the family will certainly have the shitstorm coming unless taking special care when upgrading the PCs for other family members. My experience here is almost like yours. I upgraded most machines to 8.1, but I immediately recognized the difference to be too much and so my wife was left behind on Windows 7 until I had tweaked 8.1 to behave and look exactly like Windows 7 with a commercial start-menu alternative which removed the start-screen for a Windows 7 clone.

Now here’s the point: For Windows 10, I did absolutely no tweaks for her machine apart from configuring telemetry the non-destructive way and configuring her start menu with the programs she use most.
I’ve never heard a peep either and I was expecting a magnum opus whining concert lasting at least a couple of days while I configured away what she didn’t like :stuck_out_tongue:
I asked her yesterday what she actually thought of Windows 10 and she said “The start menu is better” hinting towards the programs I had pinned there with a bigger icon. No comment on the OS in other words and so it is crystal clear she really does not notice any difference or I would be the first to know :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]
The thing here is Windows 7 you didn’t have to tweak it just works and trying to make W8/W10 look like W7 tells alot about the interface isn’t what users wanted. That’s is how I see - the test of a good O/S the less or no tweaks gives the user the option to then later tweak - that makes it a better O/S. The amount of tweaks for W7 doesn’t require 3rd party software when one can do it right on W7. It’s like alot of work to just be able to use W10 safely - isn’t what I would deem a good O/S to start.