Microsoft reports cheapest Windows 10 Enterprise edition will cost $7 per month

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Microsoft reports cheapest Windows 10 Enterprise edition will cost $7 per month[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2015/05/myce-microsoft-Logo-2-95x75.png[/newsimage]

Microsoft today announced that Windows Enterprise will become available in two subscription based versions, Windows 10 Enterprise E3 and Windows 10 Enterprise E5. The company reports that the E3 version will cost $7 per month per user, E5 pricing has not been disclosed yet.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-reports-cheapest-windows-10-enterprise-edition-will-cost-7-per-month-79889/](http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-reports-cheapest-windows-10-enterprise-edition-will-cost-7-per-month-79889/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

We, as consumers better get out our calculators, but maybe not first…
The difference is upgrading at your own convenience when money allow versus a recurring required payment. If you’re never short of money, a subscription based model may be cool, but for anyone who frequently are short of money, it is not a good idea…
Now you may pop out your calculator, look at history, prices and other factors… My vote is that it is more expensive with a subscription based model than a purchase :flower:

Methinks pretty soon, we’ll see W10 HOME/PRO E3 and E5…Â

Subscription OSs are DOA, IMO. I can’t imagine the outrage tat will be directed at MS when millions of people who bought a laptop finds several months later MS is billing them for their monthly payment to keep using the computer they think was bought and paid for already.

That is an interesting thought at the far end. OEM built subscriptions, think about it… Even hardware free, plug-and-play… Of course, it would at least make me a criminal as I would shut off what would be legally stated in the EULA I am not entitled to and so I would be back to puzzling together my own work environment for the most :rolleyes:

Given the number of ads forced on users by Windows 10, Microsoft should PAY YOU for using the operating system. :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=philamber;2777721]Given the number of ads forced on users by Windows 10, Microsoft should PAY YOU for using the operating system. :p[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on that for sure.

If you have to pay $7 per month for each computer, and you have 100,000 computers, you will be paying $700,000 per month. Multiply that by 12, and you get $8,400,000 per year. So, for large businesses, the likes of which Windows 10 Enterprise is targeted towards, that can add up rapidly. IDK how exactly how many computers a given enterprise might have, but 100,000 doesn’t seem too far out of the ballpark.

IDK why people would be willing to pay so much for software. After all, there’s almost always similar programs available for $0. Operating Systems are no exception. While Windows 10 might cost millions each year, Several GNU/Linux distros cost a few hundred a year, while the majority of distros don’t cost a thing.