Microsoft releases Windows 10 preview – A first look

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Microsoft releases Windows 10 preview – A first look[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/10/windows10-11-95x75.png[/newsimage]

Microsoft has just released the public preview for their upcoming OS and we’ve got a gallery full of pictures of the latest features.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-releases-windows-10-preview-a-first-look-72952](http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-releases-windows-10-preview-a-first-look-72952)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Apparently this ‘Technical Preview’ is ONLY available in English, Chinese Simplified, and Brazilian Portuguese

Update not possible if you run Windows 7 in german or french

I have it installed on a desktop, and so far, it’s just OK. The only problem I’m having with it is that I have two graphics cards. A driver for one doesn’t seem to exist, so it running a generic Microsoft VGA driver; the other one has an actual driver, but I have to reinstall it every time the computer is rebooted. Other than that, just a personal thing is that I don’t like the hybrid start menu. I much prefer the option of having a Windows 7 style start menu, and the start page being available separately. With Windows 8, I’m using StartIsBack, which provides the start menu, and it allows me to boot the computer with both the desktop (with start menu) and the start page to be running on different monitors at the same time, and the two worlds (desktop and Metro) can be kept completely separate from each other, yet always have both available. There’s no way to do that on Windows 10. It’s either one or the other, and switching between the two requires logging off and on. But it’s very early and that could change.

As each day passes, I become more and more infuriated that Microsoft doesn’t include tabbed browsing in explorer. It’s such a basic function, and literally every modern web browser (even Internet Explorer!) supports it. Why I have to open up five different explorer windows? I have to rely on Clover to achieve this functionality, and while it’s alright, it’s infrequently updated, and it’s not always the most stable.

I really like it.

[QUOTE=Grim107;2738212]As each day passes, I become more and more infuriated that Microsoft doesn’t include tabbed browsing in explorer. It’s such a basic function, and literally every modern web browser (even Internet Explorer!) supports it. Why I have to open up five different explorer windows? I have to rely on Clover to achieve this functionality, and while it’s alright, it’s infrequently updated, and it’s not always the most stable.[/QUOTE]

That’s actually a very good suggestion. I’m forever having to flick backwards and forwards between Windows Explorer windows. :clap::iagree:

[B]Wombler[/B]

@Grim107: One of the Apps installed with the Windows 10 Technical Preview is called Windows Feedback. Did you post this suggestion as feedback?

[QUOTE=Grim107;2738212]As each day passes, I become more and more infuriated that Microsoft doesn’t include tabbed browsing in explorer. It’s such a basic function, and literally every modern web browser (even Internet Explorer!) supports it. Why I have to open up five different explorer windows? I have to rely on Clover to achieve this functionality, and while it’s alright, it’s infrequently updated, and it’s not always the most stable.[/QUOTE]
IE 11 does not support Clover.

@BradWright

I don’t actually have it installed. I’ve not got any computers to test it out with. I strongly suggest that anyone who DOES have it installed suggest it.

@alan1476

Clover works to add tabs to explorer, not internet explorer.

I have it installed on a Samsung 840 Pro SSD.
I have to say I’m impressed with Win 10.
I have a few driver issues to resolve, but other than that, it’s running very sweet.

Again: when will the update be possible if you run Windows 7 in german or french ?

[QUOTE=franz99;2738294]Again: when will the update be possible if you run Windows 7 in german or french ?[/QUOTE] You do realize that it’s Microsoft, not Myce, who released this preview?! :wink:

I never thought of tabbed browsing for Explorer. That’s a brillian idea.

Windows 10 looks pretty good. I haven’t tried it but I do miss the Aereo (transparency features) of Windows 7. It seems the taskbar is transparent but everything else is solid. That’s a cosmetic thing though. At least functionally it looks to be a move back in the right direction.

Internet Explorer already has tabbed browsing, and has had for a few versions.

[QUOTE=Dee;2738300]Internet Explorer already has tabbed browsing, and has had for a few versions.[/QUOTE] I think that Grim107 is talking about (File/Windows) Explorer, not Internet Explorer.

[QUOTE=Grim107;2738266]@BradWright

I don’t actually have it installed. I’ve not got any computers to test it out with. I strongly suggest that anyone who DOES have it installed suggest it.

@alan1476

Clover works to add tabs to explorer, not internet explorer.[/QUOTE]
Well how pray tell is that going to help me with browsing? Clover is worthless.

Hi :slight_smile:
Whilst it is something I’ve not thought about before.
It’s possible to see the OP’s point of view.

Not useless if browsing your PC. :wink:

Regarding tabbed file browsing:
OS X gained tabs in Finder (equivalent to Windows Explorer) within the past few revisions, and there are many times I appreciate it being built-in. That said, I’ve yet to ever go out of my way to get a 3rd party file browser/extension because I desire tab support, and I only occasionally miss it when using Windows (7 or 8.1). But I can see how people would appreciate it.

Installing Clover is now one of the first things I do on all new computers/formats. Being able to easily see what directories I have open and having the ability to simply drag and drop files between them is very important. Perhaps I should have never tried Clover because now, I can’t use a computer without it.

you guys might wanna reconsider about using W10 or the tech preview after you read this one. Here’s a link to a news article i just submitted to myce for posting