Microsoft releases Windows 10 build 10158 to Windows Insiders

vbimport

There are also some great new features and improvements for you to try:

[ul]
[li]One of the top pieces of feedback we’ve heard from Windows Insiders is that many of you really wanted a “home” button for Microsoft Edge. In this build, we’ve provided an option for you to add it via Settings > Advanced Settings and turn on “Show the home button”.[/li]> [li]We’ve added the ability for you to import favorites/bookmarks from other browsers into Microsoft Edge.[/li]> [li]There are new options for changing what you see when you first start Microsoft Edge.[/li]> [li]There are new customizations for the New Tab page. You can choose to either see top sites and suggested content – or just top sites.[/li]> [li]We’ve added password and form-fill support. Microsoft Edge now lets you manage your passwords for your favorite websites.[/li]> [li]Audio from Microsoft Edge plays while the app is minimized or in the background – another top request from Windows Insiders.[/li]> [li]You can drag and drop tabs to a new window.[/li]> [li]Another top request: we now have a dark theme![/li]> [/ul]

Great and all but where is the custom to remove the Metro(tiles) and revert to Windows 7 features? I see this seemed to be selectively missed…They update but seems like they only did want us to have and Windows Home…that confuses me more then it helps.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2756211]Great and all but where is the custom to remove the Metro(tiles) and revert to Windows 7 features?[/QUOTE]You can remove the tiles yourself by right clicking on the tile and selecting remove or un-pin. You can also add your own tiles, which could be a shortcut to your favourite applications, so you have a method of quick launching your favourite apps without having to search through the whole start menu.

Most Win 7 features are still there, like the Win 7 control panel, etc etc.

Anyway, here is a screenshot of my tiles.

[QUOTE=Dee;2756214]You can remove the tiles yourself by right clicking on the tile and selecting remove or un-pin. You can also add your own tiles, which could be a shortcut to your favorite applications, so you have a method of quick launching your favorite apps without having to search through the whole start menu.

Most Win 7 features are still there, like the Win 7 control panel, etc etc.

Anyway, here is a screenshot of my tiles.[/QUOTE]

Tiles wasn’t accepted and why they want to keep pushing it on Desktop is just a wasted effort. My Windows 7 start Menu is just fine as it is for them not to be able to make the O/S retain Win7 Start menu for those using it and those wanting Win8 Tiles(Metro) to have that setting. This is the part they haven’t learned and most likely will prevent Windows 10 acceptance and usage. Those tiles waste so much screen space…

I agree that were not accepted from the PC users, but its a necessary evil to have them for the phone and tablet users. But even with tiles m$ has done a nice job to differentiate the PC part form the tablet part, it still needs a lot of work, but its way better than the original mess that we had with windows 8.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2756270]Tiles wasn’t accepted and why they want to keep pushing it on Desktop is just a wasted effort. My Windows 7 start Menu is just fine as it is for them not to be able to make the O/S retain Win7 Start menu for those using it and those wanting Win8 Tiles(Metro) to have that setting. This is the part they haven’t learned and most likely will prevent Windows 10 acceptance and usage. Those tiles waste so much screen space…[/QUOTE]It doesn’t look like you read, or believed what I said in my above post.

You can [B]REMOVE THE TILES[/B] if you wish. You can resize the START menu to your liking, both the height and the width of the start menu, and you can even make it transparent.

See the screenshot of my Windows 10 Preview build 10159 with the [B]TILES[/B] removed.

Ignore the DESKTOP icons in the screenshot, those are my additions.

A lot of people are having problems with VIA HD sound chipsets.
The sound on my P7P55LX stopped after a VIA update. Actually it did not stop the sound card from working, it just set the default output to headphones, which I never use. so all you people with VIA HD sound problems look into your control panel/sound settings to see if the default setting for output is speakers or headphones and set correctly for your needs. Regards Bernie

[QUOTE=vroom;2756274]I agree that were not accepted from the PC users, but its a necessary evil to have them for the phone and tablet users. But even with tiles m$ has done a nice job to differentiate the PC part form the tablet part, it still needs a lot of work, but its way better than the original mess that we had with windows 8.[/QUOTE]

For phone and tablet that would work but there has to be common sense not everyone uses phone and tablet to do Word and Excel work.

[QUOTE=Dee;2756287]It doesn’t look like you read, or believed what I said in my above post.

You can [B]REMOVE THE TILES[/B] if you wish. You can resize the START menu to your liking, both the height and the width of the start menu, and you can even make it transparent.

See the screenshot of my Windows 10 Preview build 10159 with the [B]TILES[/B] removed.

Ignore the DESKTOP icons in the screenshot, those are my additions.[/QUOTE]

That is good to know but I will see when they release it or when I download the Free Upgrade then I’ll see what the settings will be like. This is a test and til the Public gets their Retail Product - we will know for sure how much did M$ listen in the end to what users wanted not what M$ wants.