Microsoft releases first major Windows 10 update, brings the OS to Xbox One

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Microsoft releases first major Windows 10 update, brings the OS to Xbox One[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2015/07/myce-windows-10-here-95x75.png[/newsimage]

Microsoft has released the first large update for Windows 10. The company is rolling out the update to all regular users, previously it was only available to Windows Insiders. At the same time Microsoft is bringing Windows 10 to the Xbox One.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-releases-first-major-windows-10-update-brings-the-os-to-xbox-one-77783/](http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-releases-first-major-windows-10-update-brings-the-os-to-xbox-one-77783/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Oddly enough, the only “improvement” listed here that might affect my use of Windows 10 is the faster boot time. But using an SSD for the boot drive, Windows 10 and 8.1 were already much faster than my previous computers, and my sole Windows 7 installation on my backup computer was already slow as a slug in comparison. In other words, there is nothing much to look at in this update for me.Â

Cortana…not on a bet

Edge Browser…does the damn thing support extensions yet? No Adblock of any kind? No thank you.

Built in Microsoft apps, like Photo, Calendar, XBox…I’ve gotten rid of the blasted things or hidden them if they can’t be deleted.

Many of us want an operating system from which to run our chosen programs, not an all encompassing ecosystem of applications made and controlled by Microsoft.Â

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2763278]Oddly enough, the only “improvement” listed here that might affect my use of Windows 10 is the faster boot time. But using an SSD for the boot drive, Windows 10 and 8.1 were already much faster than my previous computers, and my sole Windows 7 installation on my backup computer was already slow as a slug in comparison. In other words, there is nothing much to look at in this update for me.

Cortana…not on a bet

Edge Browser…does the damn thing support extensions yet? No Adblock of any kind? No thank you.

Built in Microsoft apps, like Photo, Calendar, XBox…I’ve gotten rid of the blasted things or hidden them if they can’t be deleted.

Many of us want an operating system from which to run our chosen programs, not an all encompassing ecosystem of applications made and controlled by Microsoft. [/QUOTE]

Amen. You took the words right out of my mouth and so there really is nothing else to do than to confirm your observation. :flower:

I went ahead and upgraded to MS Windows 10 and after a week I downgraded it’s very ugly GUI and has lots of issues with hardware I’m now back on Windows 7. :slight_smile: I won’t buy new hardware for windows 10… I’m not spending anymore money on this PC.

Windows 10 for the Xbox… because Microsoft can’t admit that Xbox users don’t want to be stuck with Windows mistakes.