Microsoft recommends Chrome as a solution to Hotmail issue

vbimport

Microsoft recommends Chrome as a solution to Hotmail issue.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2010/08/KelfJ2.jpg[/newsimage]Microsoft's long-expected Hotmail service update has left users frustrated and Microsoft scrambling to find a solution to continued problems.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-recommends-chrome-as-a-solution-to-hotmail-issue-33088/](http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-recommends-chrome-as-a-solution-to-hotmail-issue-33088/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

typical Microsoft. nothing is fully tested, as it should be, before releasing to the general populace. they are actually continuously using ‘customers’ as beta testers, not just for hotmail, but for all products from Microsoft. how many times have windows updates been put out, only to find that they cause more problems than they fix? considering the prices they charge for things, it is a disgraceful way of doing business and treating their customers!

The new hotmail sux when I delete my junk folder now it gets sent to the deleted folder so I have to delete it again and the delete button keeps moving to a different spot, on one page its on the far left, next page its in the center, stop messing with hotmail!

I don’t have or had problems with the new hotmail, indeed it may be something else, i use Fire Fox 3.6.8 and works fine, but anyway i still like the regular version than this new hotmail.

My solution is simply to stop using hotmail unless the problems are fixed. Maybe they might fix it sooner if enough users stopped using it.

Pretty funny that they recommended Chrome as a solution to their issues. It was just a lowly Microsoft support rep, but still, that’s pretty uncharacteristic of Microsoft. I bet that support rep will be getting a talking to…

Hm. Hotmail supports standard protocols like POP3 and SMTP (not sure about IMAP), so you can use your favourite mail client. Why using a browser for mail access? :confused:

I can’t understand why gmail is lagging behind hotmail in any way, since it is far superior… but I find it truly ironic that MS would in any way recommend Chrome (which is far superior to IE btw).

It is not a “small handful” of users experiencing problems with Hotmail. It is thousands of people. Very frustrating. Whole inbox deleted without warning. Computer locks up when trying to open a message. Can’t get any answers. Doesn’t happen when I’m on my MAC.

[QUOTE=mciahel;2537718]Hm. Hotmail supports standard protocols like POP3 and SMTP (not sure about IMAP), so you can use your favourite mail client. Why using a browser for mail access? :confused:[/QUOTE]
Ease of use, access from everywhere, reliable online storage, etc.

Gmail has made a desktop email client irrelevant for me. Now I have a powerful web email client that I can access from anywhere (desktop, laptop, smartphone), with a huge amount of storage online (7.4GB).

[QUOTE=Blu-rayFreak;2537873]Ease of use, access from everywhere, reliable online storage, etc.[/quote]… and all this Web2.0 stuff. Seems I’m getting old :wink:

Michael

Long live Gmail! :stuck_out_tongue:

I found that my PC locks up and the only fix is Task Manager/applications and Hotmail will show Status as “Not Responding”, so End the program, but that still must be terminated (End Now) which kills all the open IE windows. Using Firefox as the browser fixed the problem for me and I posted that as a possible solution, but some others still had the problem. On top of that hassle, the only way to get any help is to post the problem and hope someone has found a fix, for using the “Staff” Rep’s, prepare to wait 2-5 days for a reply and it almost always will say (regardless of the problem) “Clear your caches and do a clean-up”,-follow link for instructions. Since most already tried that, prepare to sit back and wait another 2-5 days for step two…
This is the 3rd week and I still have intermittent trouble with Hotmail locking up when I forget and use Explorer to open that mail.