Microsoft pushes ahead with Messenger shutdown

vbimport

I just posted the article Microsoft pushes ahead with Messenger shutdown.

Microsoft pushes further ahead with Messenger shutdown

Click to read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-pushes-ahead-with-messenger-shutdown-66149/](http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-pushes-ahead-with-messenger-shutdown-66149/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

IDK about you good people, but I’ve never really use messenger. Instead I used AIM, although there are plenty of other options out there.

Thats true and if I could get my other contacts to use those options I would be happy, but Skype is horrid, file sharing is so slow its pathetic, the whole experience is geared towards a picture experience with a webcam. How disappointing.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2677634]Thats true and if I could get my other contacts to use those options I would be happy, but Skype is horrid, file sharing is so slow its pathetic, the whole experience is geared towards a picture experience with a webcam. How disappointing.[/QUOTE]

The file sharing is unbelievably slow as you’d demonstrated to me a while ago.

In fact I’d regard it as unusably slow.

Far better to email the stuff or use other means instead.

Chat wise it’s not too bad but I still prefer Messenger.

Obviously Microsoft thinks it can take the flak though despite forcing 300,000,000+ users to convert. :rolleyes:

[B]Wombler[/B]

About time! One less piece of crap to remove on new Windoze installations.

[QUOTE=olddancer;2677668]About time! One less piece of crap to remove on new Windoze installations.[/QUOTE]

I take it you’re not a big fan of Messenger then. :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

How about a just total shutdown of Microsoft? I like to think I’ve giving them the last dime, or is it dollar to them.

i like the interface of Messenger better for text chat than what Skype offers. Guess I will have to adapt.

I heard MS bought Skype for $8.5 billion. Didn’t they realize they could download it for free from the Skype website?

Shame, been using MSN Messenger 8.1.0178 now for about 6 years, very handy for hotmail notification. No bloat, no advertising. All it took was a quick version edit with “Resource Hacker”

wouldn’t it be nice if there were an international evolution of email to include instant messaging, routed by your email svc provider as a value-added feature?? then any rinky dink email company can also handle IMs too. client apps would be simpler to maintain over the decades too. then all you need to remember is your email login and sever info (if applicable, for setup) and have one combo client program.

Just an update to say that MSN is kaput as of today on my end… :sad:

I was able to sign in this morning, but when I try now, it just throws up a message that I must use Skype to sign in.

Yep, same for me. I’m giving Trillian a try as I don’t want to move to Skype for text chat.