Microsoft promises to make Windows 10 update popups less aggressive

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Microsoft promises to make Windows 10 update popups less aggressive[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2015/10/windows-10-reservation-install-95x75.png[/newsimage]

Microsoft will be less aggressive in trying to convince users to upgrade to Windows 10, the company promises. The last couple of months more and more users complained about the aggressive methods used by the Redmond technology giant to make users switch to its latest operating system.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-promises-make-windows-10-update-popups-less-aggressive-79802/](http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-promises-make-windows-10-update-popups-less-aggressive-79802/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

And we are suppose to believe them now

Microsoft will be less aggressive in trying to convince users to upgrade to Windows 10, the company promises.
Really…all I use is the GWX and DisableWindows10 update Regedit and guess what no more crapware from M$ popups. So who cares what M$ says I believe their words like rubbing Salt in open Wounds.

Since it is only a month until we should get rid of it altogether (hopefully), what is the news? :bigsmile:

I am saying (hopefully) because I can not quite make myself believe they will pull the ‘free’ offer. Anyway, I really hope they do, I really hope :flower:

Given Microsoft’s malicious behavior, I find very little comfort in this statement. I do think Microsoft will think twice before infecting computers against the users’ will, given the recent lawsuit, but only to the extent they think they have to.

At least Microsoft will stop “giving” Windows 10 away soon. It’s about time this behavior ended.

I just though of something: if Microsoft is so willing to treat Windows 10 like malware, perhaps they will continue to force 10 on their customers. They will instead give users invalid copies, and force the user to pay for them. In other words, Microsoft might turn Windows 10 into ransomware.

[QUOTE=TSJnachos117;2777494]I just though of something: if Microsoft is so willing to treat Windows 10 like malware, perhaps they will continue to force 10 on their customers. They will instead give users invalid copies, and force the user to pay for them. In other words, Microsoft might turn Windows 10 into ransomware.[/QUOTE]
It already is Ransomware…forced upgrade to Windows 10 is more then ransomware and then not paying to fix what they did that is also Ransomware actions.

Users who don’t want to “upgrade” should change their update settings so that recommended updates are only shown as optional and then check all optional updates offered to see whether or not they have anything at all to do with a possible “upgrade” to Windows 10.

If any of them do, then hide the optional update but don’t assume that it won’t be offered again; almost certainly it will so always check before installing any optional update.