Microsoft previews Internet Explorer 9

vbimport

Microsoft previews Internet Explorer 9.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2010/03/ctkd0T.jpg[/newsimage]Microsoft announced its latest Internet Explorer Web browser will support HTML5, allowing software developers to make even more dynamic Web sites.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-previews-internet-explorer-9-27283/](http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-previews-internet-explorer-9-27283/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

internet explorer’s is much better than it used to be, but its still lacking the ability to have plugins?

thats what firefox’s biggest strength is… I’m so used to using ad-block plus, and having all those annoying ads that take over my webbrowsing screen dissapear, that I’d never go back to a browser that couldn’t implement a similar feature.

I don’t think Internet explorer or chrome and easily do that… that and when you save internet explorer bookmarks, it doesn’t save the order, so if you ever have to import, there all messed up.

a 64 bit version of firefox would be nice, as well as a 64 bit version of flash.

[QUOTE=Zod;2502346].

a 64 bit version of firefox would be nice, as well as a 64 bit version of flash.[/QUOTE]

Actually there is a FFx64 but you need to have x64 O/S to use it. Adobe has mentioned they are working on a x64 flash version but that I will believe it when I see it.

Chrome supports extensions now, and it’s much less buggy/laggy than Firefox (and faster) in my experience. It’s my new primary browser.

It looks like Microsoft is taking a bit of a gamble with IE 9, as going by news circulating at the moment, it will not install on Windows XP. It requires at least Windows Vista with SP2.

It seems to be their way of forcing people to upgrade Windows 7 to get it or stay put with IE8. With a lot people still on XP, especially with Netbooks, this is probably a good move, as hopefully people will realise there are other browsers out there (such as Firefox) that will continue to support XP for years to come.

I remember when Microsoft decided to remove the requirement of genuine Windows to upgrade to IE7, as a result of people with a pirated OS switching to rival browsers.

[QUOTE=Seán;2502533]It looks like Microsoft is taking a bit of a gamble with IE 9, as going by news circulating at the moment, it will not install on Windows XP. It requires at least Windows Vista with SP2. [/quote]But this time there is a technical reason for that.
You can’t install WMP12 on XP either. Also, XP is in the extended support phase, so there are only security patches, no updates that extend the feature set.

It seems to be their way of forcing people to upgrade Windows 7 to get it or stay put with IE8.
Good enough for visiting Windows Update website.
My W2k box is condemned to run IE6. As already said: good for windowsupdate.microsoft.com nothing else (perhaps apart from my router’s web interface).

Michael

[QUOTE=Blu-rayFreak;2502527]Chrome supports extensions now, and it’s much less buggy/laggy than Firefox (and faster) in my experience. It’s my new primary browser.[/QUOTE]

That would be in the Eye of the Beholder … and one’s opinion…The browser market shares still shows FF ahead of Chrome by a wide margin currently. Since we don’t know which version of FF your using -making general claims don’t have much credit to them…

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2502364]Actually there is a FFx64 but you need to have x64 O/S to use it. Adobe has mentioned they are working on a x64 flash version but that I will believe it when I see it.[/QUOTE]

I will believe it when I see it too, adobe can’t even get the 32bit flash to work
right and not constantly crash the IE8 browser all the time. :a

[QUOTE=Blu-rayFreak;2502527]Chrome supports extensions now, and it’s much less buggy/laggy than Firefox (and faster) in my experience. It’s my new primary browser.[/QUOTE]

Can’t agree with that, Chrome has many flaws and exploits aswell as security holes.

I love Google Chrome too, BUT, I won’t use it until they enable a way to set the cache location permanently. The command line parameter doesn’t work (at least I don’t know of a way) if clicking on a hyperlink such as from an email - this opens Chrome using the default settings including the default cache location.

I found that many of the features in the preview didn’t work…

Unsure if this is because I am running Windows 7 64bit.

Any others have this problem?