Microsoft posts $199 bundle – Office, Skype and Xbox yearly package

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Microsoft posts $199 bundle – Office, Skype and Xbox yearly package[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/11/myce-microsoft-deal-95x75.png[/newsimage]

Microsoft currently offers a bundle of its online services that can save you more than $100. For $199 the software giant currently offers one year of Office 365 Home, Skype Unlimited World and Skype global Wi-Fi hotspot access, Xbox Live Gold and an Xbox Music one-year streaming pass.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/73452-73452](http://www.myce.com/news/73452-73452)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Since I don’t trust Microsoft, I don’t think I would accept any of theses services, even if Microsoft were paying me for them. When it comes to storage, it would be cheaper to buy a hard drive, I’ve got LibreOffice for office-related tasks, I don’t use Skype, and don’t own an Xbox. So, no thanks.

Odd, I buy Office 2013 once and use free skype and paid only 20 through my company for Office and never have to pay yearly fee to just use Office 2013 Suite. They must think people have 100% Fiber at every inch of the Earth…This isn’t true until this happens Office 365 will be limited to uninterrupted Wifi or Fiber internet that is 24/7 and no downtime. This packages is more or less a money maker and not realistic off how internet isn’t 100% uninterruptible or bad connections can cause. And this is for one year…your kidding me right with the cost of Cable at the US charges…I think this will be a hard pill for most to swallow.

Don’t listen to the nonsense of the previous posters. This is an awesome deal, great products and low price. Get in on it folks!

[QUOTE=FreqNasty_RiseS;2741057]Don’t listen to the nonsense of the previous posters. This is an awesome deal, great products and low price. Get in on it folks![/QUOTE]

Then I got some nice clean land in Siberia that I can sell to you to make your dream home…any takers…???

[QUOTE=FreqNasty_RiseS;2741057]Don’t listen to the nonsense of the previous posters. This is an awesome deal, great products and low price. Get in on it folks![/QUOTE]

CC, don’t take it personally. This guy must be joking or simply a virtual agent provocateur.

Any sane person who is eager to make a qvasi unprecedented deal paying yearly 199 bucks for a software that costs less if you buy it (once) and install it on your HD, thus you can work offline as well. And as a bundle you can have another software that is by the way free and always has been. Etc.

FreqNasty_RiseS you made my day. A piece of advice, buy CC’s Siberian land, good, fresh air, will clear your head.

[QUOTE=Ulenspiegel;2741168]CC, don’t take it personally. This guy must be joking or simply a virtual agent provocateur.

Any sane person who is eager to make a qvasi unprecedented deal paying yearly 199 bucks for a software that costs less if you buy it (once) and install it on your HD, thus you can work offline as well. And as a bundle you can have another software that is by the way free and always has been. Etc.

FreqNasty_RiseS you made my day. A piece of advice, buy CC’s Siberian land, good, fresh air, will clear your head.[/QUOTE]

You obviously didn’t catch the sarcasm as well???

Here is the problem with MS’s strategy - they think people want to use the latest software year after year. This is far from the truth as many people still use 10+ year old software all the time and find it more than meets their needs. These people want to purchase software and use it for as long as THEY desire and not as long as MS allows. MS is promoting this model so it can dig into everyone’s wallet annually and if you don’t allow them to do so then you can’t use the product anymore. I would wager that 99% of the MS Office users have no need, or desire, to upgrade their software EVERY YEAR. I don’t and I have no desire to be under the MS thumb and at their mercy every year.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2741259]You obviously didn’t catch the sarcasm as well???[/QUOTE]

Sure I did, CC. Read the sarcasm in my words hidden by alleged naivity :wink:

I’d still be using office 2003 in my work office, if the latest service pack didn’t have issues with windows 8.1, and some of the newer pc users somehow keep saving everything in new docx/xlsx formats, despite the default file save format being set to old style files.

Can’t believe that office is still using 32bit, and keeps running out of memory when making big documents with tables/pictures/etc.

$200 a year for something doesn’t exist … ain’t that a great deal?