Microsoft no longer succeeds in attracting new Windows 10 users

We’ve just posted the following news: Microsoft no longer succeeds in attracting new Windows 10 users[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2017/02/myce-windows-10-february-2017-95x75.gif[/newsimage]

Microsoft doesn’t succeed in getting more users on Windows 10, the number of systems running the company’s latest operating system has been stuck on 400 million for four months now. Since the end of the free upgrade campaign, the market share of Windows 10 remained pretty much the same.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-no-longer-succeeds-attracting-new-windows-10-users-81448/](http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-no-longer-succeeds-attracting-new-windows-10-users-81448/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2788243]We’ve just posted the following news: Microsoft no longer succeeds in attracting new Windows 10 users[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2017/02/myce-windows-10-february-2017-95x75.gif[/newsimage]

Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-no-longer-succeeds-attracting-new-windows-10-users-81448/

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.[/QUOTE]

Looks like saturation has been reached and will have to wait for 2020 to roll around…

“Windows 10’s market share has grown with 2 to 3% after the free upgrade period ended, about a fifth of the 10% monthly growth when users could still upgrade for free.”. I think you are confusing market share with user growth, they’re two different things.

“The slow growth is related to the the end of free Windows 10 upgrade period and the disappointing sales of Windows smartphones.”

Ahahaha such a flop Windows 10 has been… They should have listen more to the end users and also maybe kept Aero.

While the gaming community may love Windows 10 for it’s performance on desktop PC’s and I agree performance on Windows 10 is very good indeed for gaming. I have personally found many issues trying to adapt with the new OS privacy isn’t the only reason most if not all of my programs don’t run properly on Windows 10 or refuse to run at all and I’m not willing to spend more money on upgrading my programs just to be able to adapt to another OS.

[QUOTE=AaronZ26593;2788260]While the gaming community may love Windows 10 for it’s performance on desktop PC’s and I agree performance on Windows 10 is very good indeed for gaming. I have personally found many issues trying to adapt with the new OS privacy isn’t the only reason most if not all of my programs don’t run properly on Windows 10 or refuse to run at all and I’m not willing to spend more money on upgrading my programs just to be able to adapt to another OS.[/QUOTE]
I am the other way all the programs I have reloaded and worked fine in Windows 10 this was the make and break deal for me to go to Windows 10. I found ways to stop telemetry with hosts blockers and customer hosts edits together to stop their trashing of my computer. So one needs to do their homework if you want a experience worthy in Windows 10.

As much as I wanted to hate Win10 it is a much better OS for several reasons, sans telemetry. However, Cortana is turned off and I have no use for Edge.

- Microsoft does not explicitly recognize consumers’ privacy rights. The Microsoft Privacy document doesn’t guarantee consumers any privacy rights.

• Microsoft explicitly reserves rights to share private data. The “Privacy” document lists rights Microsoft reserves to share users’ private data with third parties.

• Microsoft explicitly disallows legal recourse regarding privacy. The Windows 10 EULA comprehensively denies legal recourse related to privacy (and indeed anything other than IP disputes).

coolcolors, While you can turn off the data sharing in host file or using programs such as “ooshutup10” Microsoft still has a right to collect data because the EULA has not been changed. They have forced updates without user consent the company has serious privacy issues it real goes beyond Windows 10.

[QUOTE=jeffreyp;2788289]As much as I wanted to hate Win10 it is a much better OS for several reasons, sans telemetry. However, Cortana is turned off and I have no use for Edge.[/QUOTE]
That is what I did - told Cortana be quiet and I have edge in use but told it what I want not what it wanted.

[QUOTE=AaronZ26593;2788293][B]- Microsoft does not explicitly recognize consumers’ privacy rights.[/B] The Microsoft Privacy document doesn’t guarantee consumers any privacy rights.

• [B]Microsoft explicitly reserves rights to share private data.[/B] The “Privacy” document lists rights Microsoft reserves to share users’ private data with third parties.

• [B]Microsoft explicitly disallows legal recourse regarding privacy.[/B] The Windows 10 EULA comprehensively denies legal recourse related to privacy (and indeed anything other than IP disputes).

[B]coolcolors[/B], While you can turn off the data sharing in host file or using programs such as “ooshutup10” Microsoft still has a right to collect data because the EULA has not been changed. They have forced updates without user consent the company has serious privacy issues it real goes beyond Windows 10.[/QUOTE]One has a choice to make here - one can move forward or live past with security holes…

I’m the same way.  I quite like windows 10 but I really tweaked it to be cosmetically more like win7:

1. Installed Classic Start Menu
  2. Fixed SMB sharing for local network
  3. Installed Aeroglass to bring back full transparency
  4. Removed arrows from shortcuts (Which I do in every version of windows)
  5. Disabled Telemetry and Turned all sharing stuff (privacy) to off.
  6. Get angry when the big annual update breaks some software and it takes a few weeks (or months) for the software to get an update to work.

My knowledge is enough to do the above.  I’ve tweaked every Windows install I’ve ever had, but win10 is definitely the most, and goes beyond cosmetic tweaking.   If they want win10 to catch on, all they have to do is enhance privacy (aka make it possible to disable telemetry without reg tweaks and hidden menus), and find a better way to rollout updates (not a big annual update, that acts like a new os install and breaks stuff).

I do think win10 is a good OS.  MS just went a bit overboard on some things that the casual user can’t disable.

I’m the same way.  I quite like windows 10 but I really tweaked it to be cosmetically more like win7:

1. Installed Classic Start Menu
  2. Fixed SMB sharing for local network
  3. Installed Aeroglass to bring back full transparency
  4. Removed arrows from shortcuts (Which I do in every version of windows)
  5. Disabled Telemetry and Turned all sharing stuff (privacy) to off.
  6. Get angry when the big annual update breaks some software and it
    takes a few weeks (or months) for the software to get an update to work.

My knowledge is enough to do the above.  I’ve tweaked every Windows
install I’ve ever had, but win10 is definitely the most, and goes beyond
cosmetic tweaking.   If they want win10 to catch on, all they have to
do is enhance privacy (aka make it possible to disable telemetry without
reg tweaks and hidden menus), and find a better way to rollout updates
(not a big annual update, that acts like a new os install and breaks
stuff).

I do think win10 is a good OS.  MS just went a bit overboard on some things that the casual user can’t disable.

Well said I Agree! :slight_smile:

You’ve convinced me to give it another try possible… :slight_smile: