I'm the same way.Â Â I quite like windows 10 but I really tweaked it to be cosmetically more like win7:
1) Installed Classic Start Menu
2) Fixed SMB sharing for local network
3) Installed Aeroglass to bring back full transparency
4) Removed arrows from shortcuts (Which I do in every version of windows)
5) Disabled Telemetry and Turned all sharing stuff (privacy) to off.
6) Get angry when the big annual update breaks some software and it takes a few weeks (or months) for the software to get an update to work.
My knowledge is enough to do the above.Â Â I've tweaked every Windows install I've ever had, but win10 is definitely the most, and goes beyond cosmetic tweaking.Â Â Â If they want win10 to catch on, all they have to do is enhance privacy (aka make it possible to disable telemetry without reg tweaks and hidden menus), and find a better way to rollout updates (not a big annual update, that acts like a new os install and breaks stuff).
I do think win10 is a good OS.Â Â MS just went a bit overboard on some things that the casual user can't disable.